Question

Connecting an older Ipad to the ARC KVD21 Gateway

Badge

While an older Kindle, a Dell LatitudeE6540, a Samsung SM-J7 and a newer Ipad will connect an older Ipad will not.  I was wondering if it could be the setting to use one password for both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz that is creating an issue with the older Ipad?  Also it looks like once the Gateway is set to use one PW it may take a reset to get back to that screen.  I’ve got the Samsung on the “Manage your Wi-Fi networks” screen but have waited as one user suggested w/o any change.  Thank you.

6 replies

Badge

If you have the older round gateway, go to 2.4 and change the radio frequency to n/g.  Worked for me.  If you have the newer square gateway (KVD21), your older network adapters won’t get wifi.  I had to buy a USB network adapter.  I wasn’t happy about it.

After spending over 2 hours on the phone with tech support 2 days ago trying to connect my older iPad I was told to go buy a newer iPad. As you can imagine I was furious. My iPad will connect to my neighbors internet. He uses a different provider. The tech tried to tell me it was an Apple issue even though I said it connected at the neighbors. Can anyone please tell me how to get my iPad connected. I already added a 2.4 GHZ  network along with my 5GHZ but it won’t connect to that either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Deb K

Badge

Deb, if you have the newer square gateway (router), it won’t work with your ipad.  If you have the older round one, you must go to the 2.4 settings and change the transmission signal to n/g.

If you have the older round gateway, go to 2.4 and change the radio frequency to n/g.  Worked for me.  If you have the newer square gateway (KVD21), your older network adapters won’t get wifi.  I had to buy a USB network adapter.  I wasn’t happy about it.

Are you saying you bought a USB adapter to get your older device to connect to the KVD21 gateway?  If so, which adapter did you buy? 🤔 Thank you. 

Badge

Just a cheap tiny USB adapter on ebay or aliexpress.com.