Solved

Did T-Mobile use to have a website that you can Purchase Mobile Games, Ringtones, Wallpaper's, and Apps for Basic/Featured Phones on PC?

• 3 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello T-Mobile Community, back in 2008 when T-Mobile introduce web2go customers can create a personalized home page for easy, one-click access to their favorite Web sites. The new service allows customers to visit virtually the entire Internet from their mobile phone, ensuring Web pages are easy to view and navigate. With access to the web2go marketplace included at no additional charge for customers with capable devices, customers can also browse and purchase the latest ringtones, games, wallpaper and mobile optimized applications and services to customize their phone. Further, a My Downloads feature enables certain applications, games and content that customers purchase to continue to be available to them when they upgrade to new phones.

Did T-Mobile use to have a website that you can Purchase Mobile Games, Ringtones, Wallpaper's, Apps, and content for Basic/Featured Phones on PC?

Is web2go shutdown & discontinued?

Is it possible that current T-Mobile Customer back in the early 2010s still can redownload Apps, Games, Ringtones, Wallpaper’s, and content despite the 3G shutdown?

Link: https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/t-mobile-introduces-web2go-and-simplified-data-pricing

icon

Best answer by gramps28 3 November 2022, 20:24

View original

7 replies

Badge

Link: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I believe web2go was shut down some time ago when smartphones took off.

Badge

I believe web2go was shut down some time ago when smartphones took off.

I talked to a Representative & They told me “It shows that there are no longer any details showing up about the Web2go website that was launched around 2008 because this has been updated and got replaced by the current website we have.” 

In Conclusion, Web2go was discontinued some time ago when T-Mobile updated their website with all primary functions like deals, phones, and coverage map to help you with your device and network. The crazy part is they didn’t announce the NEW Website Update & the Discontinued service of Web2go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From what I recall people with smartphones found a workaround to use the cheaper tzones than a more expensive data plan and it was quietly retired.

Badge

From what I recall people with smartphones found a workaround to use the cheaper tzones than a more expensive data plan and it was quietly retired.

That is interesting!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When I first started using this forum in 2011 there was all kinds of chatter about the hacks. I can't remember when they retired it but it soon after.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's a link from XDA about the hack.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/new-tzones-hack.458247/page-3