Solved

DZ09 Smartwatch

• 29 December 2017
  • 2 replies

I recieved a DZ09 smartwatch for Christmas and requires a SIM card to take advantage of all the features, is this smartwatch compatible with T-Mobile and can I get a SIM card for it through them?

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 31 December 2017, 23:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey there! Congrats on the new watch, and thanks for stopping by to ask!
I had kind of a tough time digging up network details on this watch, but as best I can tell if the specs listed here: DZ09 Smartwatch - SmartWatch Specifications are accurate, then the watch will only be able to take advantage of one of T-Mobile's LTE bands (1900 MHz), so your experience using it on the network with a wearable plan and a SIM card could vary pretty drastically depending on where you're located and how strong the 1900 presence is in that area. You should still be able to use it with your phone via BT, but as far as a standalone device is concerned, this is an area where we'd want to be straightforward by referring you to our Non-T-Mobile phone & software disclaimer​.

If you have any friends or family that are using a physical SIM (instead of an eSIM) with a wearable device on the T-Mobile network, it might not be a bad idea to see how they'd feel about letting you do a little bit of a test drive/trial run! If you decide to give it a shot, you may want to check out our Bring your own device setup guide and see if there's a menu in the watch where you can input the BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings​!

Yes, you can use the T Mobile sim card in the DZ09 smartwatch.

Did you know that the phone service provider must have a 2G network for it to work?

If there are no phone service providers with a 2G network in your area then the watch cannot work as a phone. So it is the limitation of the DZ09 smartwatch.

However, If you want to upgrade to LTE Smartwatches you can check here.