Question

Fire Stick

• 26 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am unable to get my fire stick to work with the Grey Cylinder modem. Connects but states no internet, then says a web guard feature is enabled on the mobile line restricting content. They need authorization but the manage connections on the app has no ability other then connect or disconnect.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For what it’s worth, I have three Fire Sticks that work just fine on the new router.

Tmobile has a feature called Web Guard that you have enabled on your account. This prevents access to adult content, etc., and it apparently blocking Fire TV as well.

See: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/web-guard-device-content-filter

You may have to reach out to their customer service.

I have the same issue on one out of three firetv sticks. Web guard is off. Have you found a solution?

My fire stick used to work fine but starting this week I've experienced exactly the same issue.

Any resolution yet? 

Badge

Mine was working fine last week. Now no connection when I chose other network- trying wifi

My t-mobile works great on the computer speed is routinely between 180 and 400 on the TV speed is around 150.  I am using Firestick. On one tv the performance is flawless on the other long waits to go to most sites especially Sling back and forth often being told there is no connection (when there is) and resetting Firestick. I was thinking it was the brand of tv yet when I plugged  a different brand tv the result was almost identical.  could it be the Firestick?

My t-mobile works great on the computer speed is routinely between 180 and 400 on the TV speed is around 150.  I am using Firestick. On one tv the performance is flawless on the other long waits to go to most sites especially Sling back and forth often being told there is no connection (when there is) and resetting Firestick. I was thinking it was the brand of tv yet when I plugged  a different brand tv the result was almost identical.  could it be the Firestick?

Have you updated your FIrestick I experienced exactly what you describe but it was  with the prime app. Amazon updated the FireTV application on its firsticks etc. If you haven't updated your device. Run the update i have had absolutely no issues sibce it works great in fact it runs better now since I switched network providers to the 5G

Solution. My upstairs tv was performing perfectly so I swapped the fire sticks and now my downstairs tv works wonderful!