Solved

Google pixel 7 pro overheating

• 9 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is anyone experiencing a very hot Google pixel 7 when actively using it? I just got my phone 2 days ago, and if I do anything on it for more than 5 mins it gets crazy hot, and I can barely hold it.

I am waiting for my case to come and hopefully, that will help but is this expected behavior? If not, how do you report this so it can be addressed by the Google developers?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 9 November 2022, 18:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it while just using it normal or using it while plugged in and trying to get everything transferred over from your previous phone?

and how is your signal? is it lacking at all?

Badge

@fireguy_6364 

It seems sporadic during the day but this morning, I was just watching a live stream, and it got very hot within minutes.

I was using wifi, and that signal is strong

486 Mbps download

551 Mbps upload

My signal strength is pretty low but I am able to make calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's a common issue with Pixel's. Hopefully the next update will fix it.

My 6 did that when I first got it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

aside from the above i know low signal will at times do this as well since the phone is trying to search out signal more than usual and basically working itself up. not as common anymore with newer phones but still happens from time to time. since its only a couple days old you might take a look to see what all is eating up the most battery life..could be a rogue app creating this trying to run like crazy in the background.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Pixel 4XL didn’t have this issue but it’s probably the Tensor chip the 6 and up are using.

Badge

Thanks @fireguy_6364 and @gramps28 Thanks for that info, I am gonna check apps and I just did an update on the phone as well.  Fingers crossed