Question

Home Internet - force firmware update?

• 9 January 2021
  • 40 replies

Show first post

40 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

iPhone Pro Max with Wi-Fi 6 connection to T-Mobile Gateway…

iPhone Pro Max with Wi-Fi 5 connection to Orbi Router connected in Access Point Mode to T-Mobile Gateway…

Windows 10 Laptop with Wi-Fi 5 connection to T-Mobile Gateway…

Badge

@wildchld Hmmm - interesting. When I got the T-Mobile/Nokia device I was told by TM tech that the LAN/WAN ports were not active. Are you using ethernet or WiFi between your devices and your ASUS router? (We’re still using our reliable ASUS RT-N66U to connect to our ATT DSL modem because Hulu Live TV through Roku sees the TM Home Internet as a forbidden mobile hotspot.) 

Yes they always been active.

Contact tech support.  They should be able to push a firmware update to it for you. 

I tried that, they said they cannot push the update.. and it should be “completed” by 8/26.

It’s 8/26.

No firmware update.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

what is the most current firmware?

what is the most current firmware?

1.2101.00.1609 MR4

And still nothing - no update pushed at all to me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have 

Software Version:

Is there a way to download the new update????

I have 

Software Version:

Is there a way to download the new update????

Nope.. I’ve asked them and they’ve told me the only way to receive the update is via OTA…

I did a factory reset and now I have 1.2101.00.1609

I just tried it…. didn’t work for me.

I have firmware 1.2003.03.0178 and it seems unreliable. It constantly drops connection and I have to reset the device via the admin page.

New customer since 9/1/2021

My Internet Gateway has firmware 1.2101.00.1609  installed.

I'm a bit disappointed with the spotty connectivity, slow DNS, and buffering on 4K Ultra HDR video streaming testing. I opened a complaint ticket with the cellular engineers ( via 844-275-9310 ), and I was informed that my tower is still awaiting a 5G upgrade. That doesn't match with the promotional flyer in the mail. 😟 The guy I talked with on the phone was able to confirm the relative direction of the tower, so I do have it located in the best-facing window of the home. I have to say that the service and attention provided on that call were superb. ( It may have helped that he recognized my experience in wireless and LAN networking ).

I'm not sure how well that little appliance functions as a DNS server, but it is probably an extra useless hop. So, I manually changed my DNS server setting on the laptop to Google's 8.8.8.8, and that helped improve name resolution times quite a bit.

I’ve had really spotty speed and even complete drop out. I’ve called in to Support a lot about this and I get various apologies/excuses (upgrading towers - congestion in my area). Two days ago the tech said he was remotely upgrading the firmware to 1609 but apparently it didn’t work since I still show 0178 when I log on to the gateway IP address. This is very frustrating since I signed on because the speed was supposed to be 25 or better. Sometimes, rarely, I get speeds like that (and above) but most of the time speed is below 5 (even below 1). And “factory reset” screws up so many devices I have that it can take 2 days to get everything working properly after the reset.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was told recently by a T-Engineer to get the latest update, power off your tower for 30 minutes.  After that time power the gateway back up.  The gateway will automatically look for an update, if available it will down load it and install.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have had it for 2 weeks, with the newest firmware, 1.2101.00.1609 , but still self reboots once a day and once with wifi broadcast but no internet (had to poweroff and on by hand).

speed is about 30-120 MBPS when working.

Badge

5G21 firmware update