Question

Home Internet Issues

• 14 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have had T-Mobile home internet for going on six months with the Nokia gateway. We have absolutely loved it. Until now. Haha a few weeks ago, it started shutting down randomly, so we had to reset it almost daily, sometimes multiple times per day. Got a replacement gateway sent. The replacement is showing three bars (two bars in enough for us to watch tv, surf, etc…anything we do…we are not gamers) three bars! It’s showing connected on my devices. But…..we have no internet. Nothing. Three bars showing, showing connected on my devices but no internet at all. I cannot load anything, nothing going on. 
We used it for about five months on the old gateway with no issues. We were so happy with it. So….can anyone help me? We’ve tried moving it, restarting it. Taking the SIM in and out. Maybe they are “working on the tower” however we have three bars showing on the gateway so I don’t think that’s it. 
Any insight would be greatly welcomed. 

1 reply

I have had a similar situation with my second broadband router ( black, square model, Motorola?). The first had a bad sim card. I never get more than 3 bars bur mostly 2 bars with regular streaming interruptions necessitating rebooting the router. Multiple calls to T Mobile have not helped the situation. I am now informed that I need to purchase a Google Nest signal extender with at least 1 point. I’m researching the set up but reluctantly will have to proceed. Good price (T Mobile) but my previous cable provider was more stable.