Question

is anyone having network issues with galaxy z fold 3??

Userlevel 2
Badge

after i updated my phone to android 12 my service got so dam bad i wish i dint do it my z fold 3 is slow and the service is patchy and im tired of talking to a rep it seems all i get is a reset your phone and that could help this a 1800 phone i might get rid of it and get the galaxy S22 ultra if this phone does not get any better

128 replies

I am too, I haven’t been able to get it fixed yet… let me know if you do!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lorrenwang mine is gone or say will leave tomorrow to samsung and they will see what's up I'll keep you posted if it gets fixed

I  havong same issue with no fix.. .tired of speaking to reps and getting no where..

Userlevel 2
Badge

@k mole I see I sent mines to Samsung to be checked out but these reps could be weird often and give little help

I’m having the same problem after updating yesterday.  

Userlevel 3

Same problem with me. No one could find an issue after talking to a few different reps in store and online. They ended up doing a warranty exchange. But I'm starting to get the same issue in the replacement as well. It just keeps dropping the network completely.

Userlevel 3

Same problem with me. No one could find an issue after talking to a few different reps in store and online. They ended up doing a warranty exchange. But I'm starting to get the same issue in the replacement as well. It just keeps dropping the network completely

Same here. After January 28 update connection is worst then horrible. went in the T mobile store and after 30 min they were able to get 2G connection. its a joke. guy gave me phone back and said its good. i told him Im not stupid to be happy with 2G connection on $1800 phone. seems like there is nothing they know/can do so far.  beyond disappointed

Userlevel 3

Went into a tmobile store again today, after days again of no service other then over wifi. They said there's nothing Tmobile can do. Samsung has to release a new update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

anyone pop over to Samsungs site to see what is being said in their forums for this phone?

Userlevel 3

Looks like a lot of people with the fold on tmobile all having the same issue after the update

Userlevel 3

Has anyone tried doing a factory reset and not doing the update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if they already have the update on the device a FR wont roll it back to the previous update..they usually jump the FR in case it’ll clear up any internal issues or if for example when the new update came in it didnt dump any of the old info and its conflicting with the new update..not the greatest of options for everyone but it does fix the problem from time to time when it comes to stuff like this..

as much as it is dreaded performing a FR today compared to 5+ years ago is drastically easier.

Userlevel 3

This is what I found on the Samsung forum. So far it seems to have corrected the issue for now. But we will see if it reverts back to in and out service or not.

Userlevel 1

Should the 5G band be NR band 41 sub 6 SA or NSA ?

Userlevel 3

The guy didn't specify, I checked both SA and NSA

That thing that was posted on here actually worked for me, was having same issues as everyone, but lets see if it lasts.. 

And by the way i selected the SA ones not the NSA

Userlevel 3

One other thing I noticed is to make sure to hit the block set by AP option. Otherwise it will reset the band choices to default if you restart your phone.

Userlevel 1

I followed the directions posted here and I now have service after 4 days of being without service unless I used WiFi and countless useless calls to TMobile and Samsung technical support. Thank you to whoever submitted the work around. I pray that it holds up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I followed the directions posted here and I now have service after 4 days of being without service unless I used WiFi and countless useless calls to TMobile and Samsung technical support. Thank you to whoever submitted the work around. I pray that it holds up.

its only  a work around until Samsung kicks out another update to fix the last one.

Keep in mind, if you restart your phone at anytime, the above fix will reset and so phone will go back to no service and you will need to do the fix again.. 

Userlevel 3

Keep in mind, if you restart your phone at anytime, the above fix will reset and so phone will go back to no service and you will need to do the fix again.. 

If you check the block set by AP option it should keep your band settings even after restart.

So far going in about a day after doing the work around I found and I have had no issues yet. 

I just tested the work around. It worked while I drove around my neighborhood. Real test will be when I go to work tonight 

Userlevel 1

I just tested the work around. It worked while I drove around my neighborhood. Real test will be when I go to work tonight 

Don’t forget to check block set by AP option. After I did that my phone has worked perfectly for at least an entire day. Actually it works much faster than before.