Question

is anyone having network issues with galaxy z fold 3??

Userlevel 2
Badge

after i updated my phone to android 12 my service got so dam bad i wish i dint do it my z fold 3 is slow and the service is patchy and im tired of talking to a rep it seems all i get is a reset your phone and that could help this a 1800 phone i might get rid of it and get the galaxy S22 ultra if this phone does not get any better

128 replies

It looks like it doesn't matter what build you have. I manually install those builds, included android 11 but the connection acted the same. This could be related to the hardware issue. Since the ZFold kinda hot when using data and charging, especially when using android auto. That could be the reason for the antenna malfunction.

after i updated my phone to android 12 my service got so dam bad i wish i dint do it my z fold 3 is slow and the service is patchy and im tired of talking to a rep it seems all i get is a reset your phone and that could help this a 1800 phone i might get rid of it and get the galaxy S22 ultra if this phone does not get any better

Hello,

I also have a ZFold 3 with the same network issue after the update to Android version 12. However, only 1 of 2 of my phones have network issues. The one with the network issue with “BUILD NUMBER” “SP1A.210812.016.F926U1UES1BUL7” and the other one with “Build number” ended with xxxBULA without an issue.  Please share your “Build Number” if possible (Setting>About phone>Software information>Build number). Thanks!

Mine ends with BULA, but I'm facing the issue. I think it's based on when & where the phone was manufactured.

Hello,

I also have a ZFold 3 with the same network issue after the update to Android version 12. However, only 1 of 2 of my phones have network issues. The one with the network issue with “BUILD NUMBER” “SP1A.210812.016.F926U1UES1BUL7” and the other one with “Build number” ended with xxxBULA without an issue.  Please share your “Build Number” if possible (Setting>About phone>Software information>Build number). Thanks!

Mine ends with BULA, but I'm facing the issue. I think it's based on when & where the phone was manufactured.

Thank you!

It looks like it doesn't matter what build you have. I manually install those builds, included android 11 but the connection acted the same. This could be related to the hardware issue. Since the ZFold kinda hot when using data and charging, especially when using android auto. That could be the reason for the antenna malfunction.

Hello Bryan Vo,

If it’s the antenna malfunction (hardware), how is changing the band configurations (software settings) got it working again? I’m puzzled by your comment...

Hello Bryan Vo,

If it’s the antenna malfunction (hardware), how is changing the band configurations (software settings) got it working again? I’m puzzled by your comment...

I did not say the work around by configured the band work for me. And if that the software problem, especially from Android 12, why downgrade to android 11, the problem still exist? The phone came with Android 11 out of the box and no one had problem with Android 11. You can see the answer there.

I have switched my SIM card to my husband phone and I'm able to place calls, but when I place his SIM card on my phone it doesn't work. I made a couple of calls on his phone my SIM card, and mine phone his SIM card.

It's been 4 days, and no expert is able to help. Now my phone is constantly searching for a network as soon as I put the T-Mobile network Internet work operators. Not able to do phone calls not able to receive phone calls.

Apparently it's a z fold3 issue.

I placed a complaint on samsung members app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have switched my SIM card to my husband phone and I'm able to place calls, but when I place his SIM card on my phone it doesn't work. I made a couple of calls on his phone my SIM card, and mine phone his SIM card.

It's been 4 days, and no expert is able to help. Now my phone is constantly searching for a network as soon as I put the T-Mobile network Internet work operators. Not able to do phone calls not able to receive phone calls.

could it be because your phone is on update 12 while his is still on 11?

could it be because your phone is on update 12 while his is still on 11?

Nope, on the malfunction phone, you can tried to downgrade to android 11, the problem will be there anyway. The root cause here is the mainboard malfunction. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you notice i responded to someone else? its even included on my actual post as to whom i was talking to.

THIS IS WHAT I DID TO FIX IT: 

I had same issues. H+ service or no service at all. Tried all troubleshooting.  Reset networks clear cache. I called tmobile and samsung. Nothing worked. But I tested my unlocked zfold with a sim card from ATT and phone worked perfectly.  Then put the tmobile Sim back in and it fixed it. When you switch Sim it forces phone to reconfigure for the Sim inserted. So when I reinsert the tmobile Sim after having phone configured to att it had to reconfigure to tmobile Sim again. It seemed to fix issue. I can text call and use mobile data again 5g.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how long have you been testing this so far?

Nevermind.. It only worked for a few hours :( its back to being crappy service. I have to put on airplane mode and back to get spurts of service.. I just spoke to a tmobile tech and they told me that there will be a new update released next week...

This is what I found on the Samsung forum. So far it seems to have corrected the issue for now. But we will see if it reverts back to in and out service or not.

Wow. Just found this today. Hopefully this has resolved the issue until the next update. Was “thinking” of getting rid of it but hopefully this will resolve the connection issues. Thanks MaTchu for the information.

I’ve been having issues since the last update  happened. I’ve spoken to several agents via chat and then I got a ticket put in with Tmobile. They recommended, factory reset, change of SIM card or get a samsung warranty replacement.  I went into the first tmobile store and they acted like “oh no problem, lets get you into a new phone, oh wait, no you have to go to the tmobile store that you bought the phone at so they can bring up the original reciept for an exchange” . I go to the store I bought the phone at and they said “that representative didn’t have a clue what they were talking about. We cannot just exchange the phone. You  have to call samsung for a warranty swap (or whatever terminology). They did switch out my SIM card and it didn’t work. Ugh. So frustrating. Anyway, I scheduled a call with samsung tomorrow and i’m really hoping they are receptive to my concerns. Honestly, at this point, I want a new model because I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that getting another phone won’t fix the problem. I just got this phone in Sept 2021!!! Has anyone gone through the warranty process, received another FOLD 3, and have the issue fixed?

I’ve been having issues since the last update happened. I’ve spoken to several agents via chat and then I got a ticket to put in with Tmobile. They recommended, factory reset, change of SIM card or get a samsung warranty replacement.  I went into the first tmobile store and they acted like “oh no problem, lets get you into a new phone, oh wait, no you have to go to the tmobile store that you bought the phone at so they can bring up the original reciept for an exchange” . I go to the store I bought the phone at and they said “that representative didn’t have a clue what they were talking about. We cannot just exchange the phone. You  have to call samsung for a warranty swap (or whatever terminology). They did switch out my SIM card and it didn’t work. Ugh. So frustrating. Anyway, I scheduled a call with samsung tomorrow and i’m really hoping they are receptive to my concerns. Honestly, at this point, I want a new model because I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that getting another phone won’t fix the problem. I just got this phone in Sept 2021!!! Has anyone gone through the warranty process, received another FOLD 3, and have the issue fixed?

Hello afiser: I’ve been down that road as well. My advice is not to waste any more time with Samsung and T-Mobile support. I used the workaround fix (“Go to the dialer and dial star pound 2263…”) posted by “MaTchu” in this thread and it’s been working for over a week now. I believe the cause is related to the release of the Android version 12 and not the phone’s hardware itself; “the antenna malfunction, motherboard malfunction, the phone needs to be replaced, etc.…”. Someone doesn’t understand that the hardware requires a driver/software for it to work. In our case, the software update changed and not our hardware! A lot of us got our phone working again using this band configuration fix proved that our hardware is okay.

Good luck and I hope you’ll get your phone working once again!

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

correct..everyones phone didnt just up and blow up its antenna right after an update..the update itself messed up how the phone now reads and attempts to use the network..which is why for many changing around which bands the phone looks for has fixed it for the moment as pointed out above my post..

Samsung just needs to get their update figured out and then fire out another update to fix this one.

My service has failed. I'm on the line with tmo right now. 

Darknightusa, have you tried out the fix in this thread to see if it will work for you? T-Mobile and Samsung support are useless. T-Mobile sent me to Samsung, Samsung sent me to Google because Android belongs to Google…

Darknightusa, have you tried out the fix in this thread to see if it will work for you? T-Mobile and Samsung support are useless. T-Mobile sent me to Samsung, Samsung sent me to Google because Android belongs to Google…

I just used the solution in the image. It works for now. The first time I did it, I didn't put the lock setting on. The sim card kept resetting. I did the lock setting and so far so good. We'll see...

Hello all…..I have been using the work around found on this post for a while now and it works almost perfect. I do get a random message sometime that its searching for network but it seem to connect immediately… the call quality is much improved and messages send with no problem, 5g seems to work fast and efficiently. Today i got an software update ending in BVA9 and I was hoping this was a permanent fix. This does not seem to fix anything for me...after the update the phone went into searching and I had to manually select T-Mobile .The connection bounced between H+ 3g and 5g with super slow internet browsing. I have only tested this for a short time in my home but that was enough for me to reapply the workaround to get things working again

Hello all…..I have been using the work around found on this post for a while now and it works almost perfect. I do get a random message sometime that its searching for network but it seem to connect immediately… the call quality is much improved and messages send with no problem, 5g seems to work fast and efficiently. Today i got an software update ending in BVA9 and I was hoping this was a permanent fix. This does not seem to fix anything for me...after the update the phone went into searching and I had to manually select T-Mobile .The connection bounced between H+ 3g and 5g with super slow internet browsing. I have only tested this for a short time in my home but that was enough for me to reapply the workaround to get things working again

Thank you for sharing!

I called 1 (800) 726-7864 Samsung customer service and they had me ship it off to them. the phone is still under factory warranty and they have fixed it. It has something to do with the new update that happened on 1/30/22. 

I thought I had a case with some magnet in it may cause interference with signal, that wasn't the case.

Got a new car, thought it was blocking signal... That wasn't the case.

Changed a new Sim card that wasn't the case.

Finally found this forum... Thank God at least there's a way around it until samsung gets its next update.This work around is good for now..

​​​​QUESTION: when the update comes do we need to do something after?? 

Got update today. After update I had to go in and uncheck AP and restart to get service. Before that list all connection to TMobile. Will see if this update fixed the connection possible

I thought I had a case with some magnet in it may cause interference with signal, that wasn't the case.

Finally found this forum... Thank God at least there's a way around it until samsung gets its next update.This work around is good for now..

Got update today. After update I had to go in and uncheck AP and restart to get service. Before that list all connection to TMobile. Will see if this update fixed the connection possible

Thank you! Please post your result. I will post my result once I get the update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

with everyone locking down their connections in there i was a bit curious if a fix update would revert all of the changes back or if people would have to go back in and manually adjust it back.

with everyone locking down their connections in there i was a bit curious if a fix update would revert all of the changes back or if people would have to go back in and manually adjust it back.

Yep, the only way I could get any signal back at all was to go in and uncheck the "AP" OPTION. Restart the phone which basically sets everything back to normal. Will now have to wait and see if the update resolved the connection issues. Mine didn't happen a lot so will take a while to verify. 

The one thing I always thought strange was why "some" reps with T-Mobile and. Samsung were saying it was a hardware issue. That didn't make much sense to me being that there weren't issues before the update to Android 12. Plus TMobile wasnt the only ones having this issue. Other carriers were as well.  I guess we will have to wait and see.