Question

login

• 30 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am having trouble logging in to my account. I enter my email/username click ‘next’ takes me to another page where I enter my password click ‘next’ and the next page tells me to ‘link my phone to my account’ which I do not have a phone, I have a t-mobile hotspot and that is all, no voice service. And so I cannot get any farther. Any help will be appreciated. Now I saw somewhere that I should be able to disable this two step verification but only after I am logged in, problem being I cannot login. Please let me in it is, after all, my account!

4 replies

Badge

By T-Mobile "Hotspot" do you mean their Home Internet Plan? Do you have the cylindrical Nokia gateway? If so, you should have received an email with a "phone number" for your gateway. Even though it isn't a cellphone perse, your gateway still has a phone number to allow it to connect to T-Mobile's cell towers. You should be able to use this number to create your T-Mobile account online. 

Hope this helps. If you're still having trouble, you can try T-Mobile's customer support line and have them look up your account information. Maybe send you another email with your "phone number."

By hotspot I don’t mean ‘home’ internet, I have a 100gb/month plan and the hotspot device which I get ‘mobile’ internet with is a Franklin T9. Now I did not receive an email with a phone number but since it is a 4G LTE device it does have a phone number that is designated/dedicated to it. I have tried using that number first when I try contacting customer service and the number is not recognized by the automated system so in order to get through to a human I have to manipulate the automated answering system. Now since the device has a number and when in the device manager it does have a message center. And it does get some t-mobile messages at random but it get more misdirected or spam type messages. Which really makes no sense to me why it has a message center and a number but developer failed to connect it properly or something. You are absolutely right I should be able to use the number and I have asked time and time again to no resolve. Usually after talking to a team member or two I am left with the same issues I had before I talked to someone most the time I don’t even think they understand the words that come out of my mouth, I know I barely understand the words I hear them speak. They need some sort of computer translator like Alexis. I do my best to keep myself from even calling anymore but I have had this hotspot for a year now and not even sure if I could access my account if it would be any help or just cause me more problems they can’t help with. Honestly I get anywhere between 2-15mbps download max but it seems, for the most part to be enough to watch youtube and other videos without serious instability. For the $50/100gb/month mobile internet “I don’t hate it”….But let me take a minute to promote MINT MOBILE I pay $20/month for first three months and then again $20/month for next 12 months unlimited talk text 10gb hotspot, thats $300 for 15 months service and it uses the best network available when connecting. Then I also have a Straight Talk “wireless home phone” $16/month that uses an old style landline phone that uses a cable to connect to a modem type device. While being bulky and awkward it is never the less completely mobile and best of all I never have any problems period with Mint Mobile or Straight Talk never once needed customer service with either one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The hot spot probably was assigned a phone number on setting it up. I just bought a Tmobile Tracker and when I checked my account it has a phone number and shows usage.

Bad thing is you need to know the assigned phone number to the hot spot to set up your Mytmobile account.

Try reaching out using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media pages to see if they can help or look on your agreement with Tmobile and see if there’s a phone number that was asigned.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

while waiting for some advise on that you might see if you can change your site screen name..its currently what im guessing is your personal email address..fully public site and everyone can see it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

By T-Mobile "Hotspot" do you mean their Home Internet Plan? Do you have the cylindrical Nokia gateway? If so, you should have received an email with a "phone number" for your gateway. Even though it isn't a cellphone perse, your gateway still has a phone number to allow it to connect to T-Mobile's cell towers. You should be able to use this number to create your T-Mobile account online. 

Hope this helps. If you're still having trouble, you can try T-Mobile's customer support line and have them look up your account information. Maybe send you another email with your "phone number."