Solved

Moto G7 connectivity issues when mobile

• 6 October 2019
  • 6 replies

We just upgraded my wife's phone from a Moto G5+ to a brand new bought from Motorola Moto G7.  We switched the sim card and after 2 weeks we're noticing she's having trouble voice texting, sending an email, or accessing the internet when she's mobile.  I reset the network connections and have rebooted many times, would we need a new sim card?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 October 2019, 21:30

View original

6 replies

I have a Moto G7 Power, just swapped the SIM over and have no such issues. Which version of the G7 do you have. You know that the G7 does not have band 71 while the Power and Play versions do?

Just the 64gb G7.  I didn't know about band 71.  We haven't had any issues with our G5+ or G6.  I didn't realize there would be an issue.  Does it matter that were TMobile?

Well, it all depends on where you live. If you have band 12 service, it's not that big of a deal but if you live in an area where other carriers own all the 700 MHz licenses, it may create an issue for rural and indoor service.

i am also experiencing this. did you ever get it resolved?

I absolutely HATE  the g7 power!

Will not make wifi calls

Most apps will not work

No internet connection available

No network available

When I go to town in my own zip code the phone will not work!!!

This is my 2nd g7 as the first one would drop calls constantly..

TMobile either needs to find the issues or do away with the devices.  I've call several times with issues and no fix yet!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I absolutely HATE  the g7 power!

I OTOH don’t have any particular issues with the G7 Power. It does sometimes try too hard to lock onto AT&T’s signal after losing T-Mobile briefly. But everything works: apps, WiFi calling, Internet, hotspot,.