Question

Netgear Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) Mobile Router never connects to fast.t-mobile.com

• 3 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

After setting my new Netgear Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) Mobile Router up with the fast.t-mobile.com APN, it never connects.  The status just continually says “Searching for network, please wait...”

The associates at my local T-Mobile store were unable to get it to connect either.  This device shows as “fully compatible with T-Mobile’s network technology” and “device is not blocked from use on our network” when I use the T-Mobile IMEI checker.

What am I missing here? Has anyone else gotten a M5 to connect to the T-Mobile APN?

3 replies

Badge

[Resolved] So this is interesting.  The T-Mobile store sold me a “100GB Mobile Internet for 5G” plan under the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program.  I was excited because it was 100GB.  Turns out that the Plan is incompatible with my Netgear Nighthawk M5 device -- even though T-Mobile’s IMEI checker assured me that my “device is fully compatible with T-Mobile’s network technology” and my “device is not blocked from use on our network”.

The 100GB plan (for $55) is only compatible with select devices -- Netgear not being one of them.  So T-Mobile’s customer support told me that they would have to switch me to another plan that supported the Netgear M5.  Sounded okay until she told me that it was a 50GB plan but still costs $55. 

Once they switched my plan to the downgraded version, the Nighthawk M5 started connecting to T-Mobile’s APN and I am able to use my M5.

T-Mobile, why don’t you allow the Netgear Nighthawk M5 on the 100GB plan?

This is why I hate T-Mobile.  I went to three diferent store locations and none of them ever know what they are talking about. 

My Inseego mifi had issue and they were going to send me a replacement to one of the store locations near my house.  The support person said that it should arrive in less than 5 days.  It’s been seven days and I called the store to see if my new replacement has arrived.  The store rep said she cannot tell me unless I go to the store and speak to them.  To me that is a waste of time if they don’t have it.  I’m not sure what the big deal is.  Anyway, I went to to the store so that she can tell me my replacement wifi is has not arrived yet.  Haha!  T-MOBILE IS A JOKE!

Recently purchased a Netgear M5 from Amazon for $799+ because it was advertised as being compatible with TMobile and it never worked for me even after my plan was dropped to the 50GB plan as recommend by TMobile for BYOD instead of my original plan of $100GB. Going back to the Inseego and my 100GB plan since there is no better choice with the TMobile 100GB plan. In some areas the Inseego gives me 100Mbps and at home I get only 19Mbps all within 3 miles. 5G with Inseego is not always reliable. TMobile do something about this.