Question

Netgear Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) Mobile Router never connects to fast.t-mobile.com

• 3 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

After setting my new Netgear Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) Mobile Router up with the fast.t-mobile.com APN, it never connects.  The status just continually says “Searching for network, please wait...”

The associates at my local T-Mobile store were unable to get it to connect either.  This device shows as “fully compatible with T-Mobile’s network technology” and “device is not blocked from use on our network” when I use the T-Mobile IMEI checker.

What am I missing here? Has anyone else gotten a M5 to connect to the T-Mobile APN?

2 replies

Badge

[Resolved] So this is interesting.  The T-Mobile store sold me a “100GB Mobile Internet for 5G” plan under the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program.  I was excited because it was 100GB.  Turns out that the Plan is incompatible with my Netgear Nighthawk M5 device -- even though T-Mobile’s IMEI checker assured me that my “device is fully compatible with T-Mobile’s network technology” and my “device is not blocked from use on our network”.

The 100GB plan (for $55) is only compatible with select devices -- Netgear not being one of them.  So T-Mobile’s customer support told me that they would have to switch me to another plan that supported the Netgear M5.  Sounded okay until she told me that it was a 50GB plan but still costs $55. 

Once they switched my plan to the downgraded version, the Nighthawk M5 started connecting to T-Mobile’s APN and I am able to use my M5.

T-Mobile, why don’t you allow the Netgear Nighthawk M5 on the 100GB plan?

This is why I hate T-Mobile.  I went to three diferent store locations and none of them ever know what they are talking about. 

My Inseego mifi had issue and they were going to send me a replacement to one of the store locations near my house.  The support person said that it should arrive in less than 5 days.  It’s been seven days and I called the store to see if my new replacement has arrived.  The store rep said she cannot tell me unless I go to the store and speak to them.  To me that is a waste of time if they don’t have it.  I’m not sure what the big deal is.  Anyway, I went to to the store so that she can tell me my replacement wifi is has not arrived yet.  Haha!  T-MOBILE IS A JOKE!