phone is not charging

• 11 February 2017
  • 8 replies

My phone is not charging anymore and I thought it was the battery so I ended up buying a new battery and it is still not charging.

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

What model of phone?  Did you replace the charger/cable/AC block as well?

LG V10

Yes I did replace the charger and the AC block as well.

Userlevel 3

Hey @nuviam2!

It sounds like you have tried everything. 😥

I have a few more questions for you:

- Have you tried a different outlet?

- Is your phone updated to the latest software version?

- If the phone is still able to power on, can you please uninstall all applications that were downloaded right before the phone stopped charging?

Ultimately, it sounds like a warranty exchange may be in your near future if you haven't already taken that route.

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

Just wanting to check in and see if you had a chance to try the steps above!

-Lauren

On Nov 2020, i have the issue suddenly after the update just pushed from tmobile. When i plug in three different chargers, no recognition when plugging in, and no charging. If the phone is off and i plug in, it will charge, as well as when i power back on. At some point throughout the day, no charging issue again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

completely different chargers including cables? different outlets? also which phone?

Completely different charger bricks and cables. This is on the samsung a20. When i restart, all three charge as normal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i know a charging bug was mentioned semi recently but for the life of me i cant remember which device(s) it affected..or if it was an issue with wireless charging or both physical charging and wireless..