Question

Reolink Camera with Prepaid SIM card

• 27 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have Reolink security cameras that I am using at a Construction site. I have checked the area and it has good coverage and I am using a Prepaid Internet data only SIM card like Reolink told me to do. However, when I put the SIM card into the camera, it keeps saying connection failed. Has anyone else had this problem and do they have advice on how I can fix it?

4 replies

I am currently having the same issue with my Reolink. Only mine sim is postpaid. The camera will connect in one location and then the next day it doesn’t. It happens several times in different locations. I just can't ever get it connected to the location I want to put it.

I have 3 and mine all do the same thing. Did either of you ever figure out a solution?

I am currently having the same issue with my Reolink. Only mine sim is postpaid. The camera will connect in one location and then the next day it doesn’t. It happens several times in different locations. I just can't ever get it connected to the location I want to put it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Our work set up 2 sites for dust monitoring with Tmobile prepaid data Sims. One worked and the other didn't, turned out the clerk gave us a wrong sim card.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don't know the exact situation here, but would recommend putting the SIM card into a tablet first to ensure that it's activated and working.

If it works in the tablet but not the camera it is possible that T-Mobile doesn't recognize the device; although with some other carriers I've been able to switch SIMs between different types of devices, I've seen that T-Mobile is more strict about trying to make sure a SIM is used in the right kind of device and maybe they just don't have the camera on record as a data device.