Solved

Screen Lock on T Mobile REVVLRY

• 27 October 2019
  • 15 replies

What do you do if you forget the PIN code for the screen lock???

icon

Best answer by gramps28 13 November 2019, 04:44

View original

15 replies

Badge

How did you get into your phone? I am currently going through the same issue as I forgot my 4 digit screen unlock code. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

the answer for this thread is right in front of your post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Does it say something like "PIN locked enter PUK code?" If so, you'll need to Community-2153​ so our account folks can help unlock it for you.

No, it does not have that message. I need to find out how to get into it because my wedding pictures are on it and my husband passed away Oct 3. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrea Brumbley

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh my goodness. I'm really sorry to hear that. When you enter in what code you think it is, does it every prompt you to enter a backup password or sign in with an existing Google account?

I’m not sure what to do other than wait for Google to respond to my inquiry to them regarding this. I’ve gone through the account recovery steps for the Google account, but that’s not the same as the screen lock pin correct?

Thank you,

Andrea Brumbley

Userlevel 3

Hmm.

Similar to what Michael asked, if you enter the wrong code in too many times, are you prompted with another message?

You're correct in your assumption the password recovery through Google isn't quite the same as the PIN.

-Lauren

It gives me a message that says I’ve entered the incorrect pin X amount of times (currently 46) and to try in 30 seconds 

Thank you,

Andrea Brumbley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried using the link below to enter a new password?

https://www.google.com/android/find

Then select secure device and it will ask you to set a new password but this only works

if the program is turned on.

I can’t get into the phone to do anything.... meaning I don’t have the pin to unlock the screen so I can get to the settings, etc

Thank you,

Andrea Brumbley

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Out of curiosity , does your phone display on your computer

when you use that link? Make sure you are signed into your

google account on the computer you're using.

I don’t have a computer or laptop anymore, long story. I have reached out to Google and am still waiting on a response. Here’s the issue in case there’s confusion:

A) the phone in question is on my T Mobile account and my husband was using it until he passed away Oct 3.

B) I did have the lock screen pin, but apparently he changed it sometime during the day he died.

C) He changed his google account password frequently and also had at least 3 google accounts that I’m aware of.

D) We were not legally married, we did our own vows etc in our hometown where we grew up. We did have some tourists who witnessed, took pics with my husband phone but I didn’t get their names. Arkansas doesn’t recognize common-law marriage.

E) I want the photos taken during the wedding. I don’t care about anything else that might be on the phone. (Well, yeah I kinda do but the wedding pics is what I want) I only have one wedding pic

Thank you,

Andrea Brumbley

Userlevel 4

I see why you're really needed to get into the phone. I'm sorry it has been so complicated and I'm truly sorry to hear about your husband. Any updates from Google yet?

No updates yet, I’m so frustrated. I’ve also been trying to find out what company manufactures the Revvlry phone, I know that T Mobile doesn’t manufacture them.

Does anyone know what manufacturer?

Also.... I want to find the people who were there and posted pretty much the whole thing on Facebook live, neither of us even thought to get their names etc

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I think Alcatel/ TCL makes the phone.

Have you tried taking it to a local phone repair shop to see if they

can get into the phone. Also you can try a computer repair store, they

usually have some type of software that may help.