Solved

Sync up drive wifi not working. I pick up the wifi signal on my iPhone and iPad but they won't connect to the internet. I restarted all the devices and still no luck, any help?

• 12 March 2017
  • 9 replies

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 18 March 2017, 17:28

View original

9 replies

I traded in my sprint drive for the sync up drive and it has not connected to my phone through the app since day one. I have talked with one tech or representative after another. I have completed the set up process more than four times now and driven around aimlessly for over 15 minutes each time and it still is not connecting to my iPhone. The app remains on the plug into your OBD II port and drive around for 15 minutes. I did not have this issue with my sprint drive. There was a tech at the store where purchased who ensured all was connected before I left the store. I can see the wifi connected in my car but does not connect to my phone. I don’t even see a wifi address to connect to on my phone wifi 

my syncup wifi is working but spotty. google maps on my phone works just fine but on my ipad connected to the sync is not even usable. i really only got it for the wifi feature so im kinda at a loss here

They give too little data and throttles it after 2gb my map hardly work and I can't stream music 

my syncup wifi is working but spotty. google maps on my phone works just fine but on my ipad connected to the sync is not even usable. i really only got it for the wifi feature so im kinda at a loss here

Userlevel 4

Thanks for clarifying. So it sounds like the SyncUp device is does not have a connection to the T-Mobile network like your phone does. The good news is that we can safely assume that it is not the network in your area as you are able to connect to the T-Mobile network on your phone after disabling Wi-Fi. The problem has to be with the SyncUp device itself. If you have not already, please try unplugging the device and plugging it back in. Once it reconnects, you can try to connect to the Wi-Fi again and see if you are able to browse. If you have already done this or you try it and it does not work, please try these steps to reset your SyncUp and connect to it again.

No error. It shows connected. But when I try to get to email updates, facebook message or look something up on the web it never connects to get to those. So I turn off the wifi option. Which directs me to the T-Mobile network and connect right away. I love that I track my mileage as well as no when something is disturbing the truck or I have an error code with the truck itself. If we could get the wifi option working. Wow that would be so great.

Userlevel 4

Hey @dhans123​,

Are you getting a specific error when trying to connect to your SyncUP Wi-Fi? Are you saying you have to disable your Wi-Fi on your phone for the internet to work?

I am having the same issue. It works for mileage, disturbances and so forth. My phone and iPad see it but don’t connect. I have to shut off WiFi to get my phone internet option to work. Please help

Userlevel 3

Good morning, @delhi808!

I'm just swinging by to see if your WiFi is still not working on your SyncUp device. Keep us posted!

Userlevel 4

Oh no! I have a SyncUP Drive myself and I love it. I actually named my Wi-Fi "The BIG truck next to you" that way when someone is looking for Wi-Fi while driving they will look at me haha.

From what it sounds like, the device is connected to your vehicle and it’s getting power as you are able to see the Wi-Fi but there is something going on with its permissions to access the T-Mobile network. Have you ever been able to use the Wi-Fi with this device or has it never worked? If it has never worked, you may want to Contact Us so we can make sure everything is good to go on the account side.