Question

T-Mobile Inseego 5G MiFi M2000 shutting down

• 15 February 2022
  • 14 replies

Badge

My 5G M2000 hotspot was working fine for a few months.

But now, I typically find it shut down; completely turned off.  I can turn it on, but it turns itself off in a few minutes for no obvious reason.

The behavior is the same if a battery is inserted (which is charged to 100%), or if it’s just using USB power.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Dave

14 replies

Badge

I’m suspicious that the M2000 design is temperature sensitive; if it gets too hot it shuts down abruptly.

With the back off and the device sitting to get air flow, it’s now stayed on for hours.  If the back was on and it was against a wall, it shuts off within minutes.

I have had this hotspot a few weeks and I'm just now having this issue. I've even done a hard reset. It's still doing it. Any suggestions on how to fix? 

Badge

I can keep my unit up for a “long time” (a few days) by keeping a USB fan behind it continually blowing air onto the M2000.  Not indefinitely.

Dave

Dave, thanks. I will give it a try. 

Bought my Inseego M2000 April 2021. started to have similar problems with Inseego M2000 end of April 2022. Battery not charging. Got a new battery. Battery still would not charge. Got a new charging cable. Battery charged but Inseego would shut down.  I wonder if problems related to Inseego April 2022 update?

I am facing the same issues with the Inseego 5G mifi. I am curious if others on this thread were able to resolve the issues by simply having an airflow behind the device.

Inseego M2000 not Charging

My Inseego M2000 is not charging the battery. The only way I can keep it working is by keeping it connected to the PC all the time. The problem showed up right after the last update. This is most like due to the last firmware update.

In the meantime, there is nothing you can do at this point, until T-Mobile comes up with a fix. However, if you connect the unit to the PC, you will see options that says:

1. Charge the M2000
  2. Universal Charging
  3. Access internet (USB & Wi-FI) 

Selecting options 1, or 2 doesn’t make a difference. The unit will not charge. A new USB cable doesn’t help either. We need some answers from T-Mobile at this point, and at least tell us to stand by for a new update. We are not hearing anything from T-Mobile at this time.

I bought the unit from T-Mobile with a contract, and this definitely violates the contract. If I don’t hear anything from T-Mobile as soon, as possible, I will take the unit back, and and purchase something else from a different vendor not related to T-Mobile. 

I hope this helps!

Inseego M2000 Battery not Charging Update

My Inseego M2000 is not charging the battery. The only way I can keep it working is by keeping it connected to the PC all the time. The problem showed up right after the last update. This is most likely due to the last firmware update.

In the meantime, there is nothing you can do at this point, until T-Mobile comes up with a fix. However, if you connect the unit to the PC, you will see options that says:

1. Charge the M2000
  2. Universal Charging
  3. Access internet (USB & Wi-FI) 

Selecting options 1, or 2 doesn’t make a difference and doesn’t seem to do anything. The unit will not charge and will stay at 0% all the time as long as is connected to the PC all the time. Not sure why T-Mobile doesn’t respond to this thread. Maybe they don’t care about we say here.

A new USB cable doesn’t help either. We need some answers from T-Mobile at this point, and at least tell us to stand by for a new update. We are not hearing anything from T-Mobile at this time.

Another issue that seems to happen, is that the Wi-Fi connection flickers sometimes and disconnects and then reconnects immediately. I am getting to the point to return the device to T-Mobile and never get another device from them. Their customer support service sucks. 

I found this driver In Device Manager that won’t install: Qualcomm HS-usb qdloader 90B6 this driver is not installing. Not sure what it does. I hope this helps T-Mobile for troubleshooting. 

SOLVED

Inseego M2000 Battery not Charging Update 12/07/2022

After testing two different USB cables that didn’t work, I bought a new USB cable from Verizon, and my Inseego M2000 battery shows 92% charged. The cable model I bought from Verizon is : CAB10CTOABWHT-A.

Symptom

The Inseego M2000 Battery shows 0% charge.

Solution

Replace the cable with Verizon model:  CAB10CTOABWHT-A. After replacing the cable the unit will show almost fully charged if it was always connected to the PC. The unit is not recognizing the original cable, even though the unit is connected to the PC and powered up.

I hope this help!

I’ll be getting my THIRD MIFI M2000 on 12/19/2022

Let’s see if this one does the same. 

First one purchased Aug 2021. Second replaced May 2022.

M2000 shuts down on it’s own from time to time. Then recently shuts down every half hour, sometimes 15 minutes, it’s all random whenever it wants. Some instances when I connect a 2nd item to it like phone or tablet it will reboot.

Once last week I actually just shut it off….and voila….it turned on by itself.  

You are all correct about refurbished crap. Did they actually sell me a refurbished unit the first time ?

Biggest issue is the store. 2 employees had no idea what it was. and had to get a third(manager) to swap the first one. It took nearly 2 hours for THREE employees to provision it. The confused looks on their faces when they saw it wasn’t a “phone”. So sad.

Let’s see if those idiots are still at the store that tmobile is sending the “new refurbished” unit with the same issues. 

Badge

Yes I have had the same problem! I have called Tmobile 4 times on this matter and their so called experts have done nothing to resolve this! 

Uhappy Camper!

Yes I have had the same problem! I have called Tmobile 4 times on this matter and their so called experts have done nothing to resolve this! 

Uhappy Camper!

=====================================================================

I was told yesterday that after 2 failed MIFI M2000's in less than 2 years that they won't upgrade but just send me another refurbished one and credit my account $20. At the same time she said there will be a $5 Warranty Service fee when I swap them at a store. I told her I pay $11 a month for insurance to cover this and she said I have to pay a fee to swap them. After I argued about that she actually told me "well, you're making $15 on this deal." SERIOUSLY ? I'm not making money, you're not handing me $15 cash. You're costing me time and money to deal with people in the same store that didn't even know what a MIFI M2000 is,

Same problem here. Doesn’t like any chargers - shuts down randomly even with sleep mode, and auto shutdowns disabled. Doesn’t feel like it’s getting hot, but will try it with the back off. This is ridiculous because I just upgraded from the previous version because the 5g would just bounce around reception. At least the old one had better signal and wouldn’t shut down. I thought the ethernet was a cool feature but I almost want the old one back. Poor design if it can’t keep cool. SMH 😒

Same problem here. Doesn’t like any chargers - shuts down randomly even with sleep mode, and auto shutdowns disabled. Doesn’t feel like it’s getting hot, but will try it with the back off. This is ridiculous because I just upgraded from the previous version because the 5g would just bounce around reception. At least the old one had better signal and wouldn’t shut down. I thought the ethernet was a cool feature but I almost want the old one back. Poor design if it can’t keep cool. SMH 😒

The M2000 had this issue NOT the new M3000 with ethernet port. It is a known issue, but they still want to send a refurbished unit. The actual issue is the battery…..BUT...the M3000 with the ethernet  port uses the same battery. We shall see. So far it stays on 5G...but I think thats just what it’s programmed to show.