Question

Timex connect family watch

Badge

I bought my son the timex connect, set it up and five minutes into him wearing it, it began overheating. Displaying a message that says “watch overheated emergency calls only”. Is this not a watch that can be used often or should i return it?

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

The watches are just like smartphones and other devices, they can overheat depending on environmental conditions and what you’re doing with them. Can you provide some more details, like what the temperature was, if the device was in direct sunlight, and what you were doing with it? That will help us understand if this is something you can expect or indicating an issue. 

I’m having the same issue with one of my kids’ watches. They can only talk on the device for a few minutes before the call drops and the phone says it has overheated and airplane mode is turned on. This is inside the house, with the thermostat set to 75...

Same here... The watch overheats (regardless of place, time, battery charge, usage, etc) then it shuts down... Not worth it... Definitely does not give ME peace of mind...

I’m having the EXACT same issues with my son’s watch. I returned the first one within the 30 day window and got a replacement, and then not even a week into the new watch it was doing the same overheating issue while just sitting on my son’s arm. And for a 7 year old, it was pretty warm! I contacted T-Mobile, who told me to contact Timex, and Timex did SQUAT. This watch is a horrible design, and Timex should stand behind it’s product. T-Mobile won’t issue a refund either, so we are out over $100. 

Just bought 2 timex family smart watches.. doth overheat and turn off. What is the fix for this?

After a battle with Timex, they assured me that they fixed it in the latest firmware or software. We had T-Mobile issue us the latest watch because our watch was one of the first we bought years ago. I would contact Timex and let them know of the issue, because I really hope that Timex just issues refunds to everyone who purchased one and has issues, but they won't. Good luck.

After a battle with Timex, they assured me that they fixed it in the latest firmware or software. We had T-Mobile issue us the latest watch because our watch was one of the first we bought years ago. I would contact Timex and let them know of the issue, because I really hope that Timex just issues refunds to everyone who purchased one and has issues, but they won't. Good luck.

how has the watch worked since a supposed update?

I purchased 2 watches for my grandkids.

They over-heat and I have had zero help from T-Mobile who provided these phones.

Who do I contact at Timex?

Same here, I got timex familyconnect watch for my daughter and it started heating up with the overheated warning. I have spend over 145$ and looks like it’s waste.

I as well. I bought this 8/20/2021 I have 14 days to return with 'buyer remorse" as t mobile calls it for a refund, I suspect. However, if I get another one will I have the same problem? I wonder if I should just get another brand and bring it over to t mobile? I really wanted this watch to workout for us. I will add it was on the charging dock-in my 62 degree home while it overheated-thankful NOT on my son as he is 6 and it was extremely warm to the touch.