Question

Unlocking policy question?

• 18 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I bought an iPhone on JUMP!. I was going to make a switch from my Google Pixel (Android) to iPhone.

I actually like my Pixel a lot more so I put the Pixel back on my account which removed the iPhone.

I saw the unlocking instructions. I know the phone needs to be paid off which is fine. I am not worried about everything in regards to the unlocking instructions. The part I am most worried about is having the iPhone active of at least 40 days. Clearly it has not been active more than 40 days and I removed the phone from the line.

I am not worried about the instructions because I know what I need to do. I cannot unlock now but what happens since the phone was removed?

I am not looking to use the phone on another carrier. I am looking to sell in the near future.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Once the iPhone is paid off put the sim back into the phone for a few days and request the unlock code. Tmobile submits the request to Apple and they will unlock the phone if eligible.

Badge

Thanks so much! So, don’t worry about the phone being active for 40 days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

How many days of usage do you have now? There's tricks to get the 40 days like taking the sim out of the Pixel at night and inserting it into the iPhone so it connects to the Tmobile network to achieve the 40 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Also how many days are you into ownership of the iPhone? You maybe able to return it under buyers remorse.

Badge

Hardly any usage at all. Maybe a day or two out of the 40.