Voicemail Not Working after Migration to T-Mobile

• 10 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

After migrating the phone to T-Mobile, all was working except then when being called, if the call was rejected, a message was heard by the caller saying that the person is not a subscriber.  However if we switched the phone from LTE to 3G, the issue went away.

I called 611 and tried to explain the situation to the rep, and it became clear she did not how to solve it. After very firmly insisting several times that she transfer me to the next level of support, she did. I explained the situation to the rep and she was able to fix the problem right away.

I hope this helps someone because I don’t think this is something that you can fix on your own, although it’s possible it would have fixed itself after a few days.  Call 611, explain what’s happening and if they don’t understand or know the answer, just asked to be transferred to level 2 support.

6 replies

Badge

I spoke too soon. It’s gone back to how it was before, with callers hearing “I’m sorry the number you entered is not a subscriber”

Badge

One last attempt to get it fixed worked after a short discussion with technical support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did they end up doing a reset on their end or removing VM from your account then re adding it?

Badge

Since the voicemail was still configured the same way, and based on what they told me, I believe they did a reset on their end.   I don’t know why it reverted to the old way the first time, but this time it seems to have stuck.

What did they reset? 

We just had the same issue after port to ATT. May have also been affected by a 3rd party call blocker app hijacking voicemail (same "not a subscriber" message when call was ignored/went to VM as when the call blocker was installed). As Barry said, Tier 1 help spent about 10-15 minutes having us try different fixes before they realized they couldn't fix it. Tier 2 fixed it in about 5 minutes - they definitely reset something on their end, and we were finally able to get into VM for initial setup.

Thanks for the assist!