• 13 February 2017
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

My phone activity says I linked multiple devices msisdn

18 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

Userlevel 3

Hey @bshrty‌!  MSISDN is the technical term for a mobile number.  Are you seeing this message on your device activity online, or on the phone itself?  Are you participating in the  Community-2598‌ Beta? 

- Marissa

Userlevel 1

It's showing in my activity not on phone itself

Userlevel 3

Gotcha - if it's showing up on My T-Mobile, and you're not participating in the DIGITS Beta, then I think it would mean that you've linked multiple lines on a family plan to a single T-Mobile ID.  Does that sound about right?

- Marissa

Userlevel 1

Only thing is I got my phone and service on the 3rd and this happened on

the 8th

Userlevel 3

Hmmm, that's a little funny!  Did you set your T-Mobile ID up on the 8th?  I know it usually takes 72 hours after activation before online access is an option - when did you first create your log in or set your line up as the Primary? 

- Marissa

Userlevel 3

Hiya @bshrty‌!  I just wanted to check in with you and see how everything is going.  Please let us know if you have any more questions about joining T-Mobile!

- Marissa

Badge

ink multiple MSISDNs to single account…..what does this mean? Does this mean my phone number is linked up to another phone? Like can someone see my stuff

Badge

I'm just wondering as to why on my account history it says link multiple msisds to One single account.

I also just ordered a new phone, and under pending changes it says this…

"A rate plan or service change is pending for : Multiple Lines"

I read something about about family plan above? Please, if someone can shed some light on this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Same thing happened to me, only recently. Is someone watching my phone activity?

Hello, on March 2, I was re-directed to T-Mobile from Sprint. I was given the message that I could access my T-Mobile account within two hours. After completing this step, I stopped being able to receive text messages. I also noticed on the account history that the message “Link a MSISDN” appeared on March 2 - the same time I stopped being able to receive text messages. I only have one line. In the meantime, I purchased a new iPhone through T-Mobile. And I’m still experiencing the same issue with my texts. I can receive a few text messages, but not all. Any suggestions on how to “undo” the Link a MSISDN, to see if this corrects the issue?

My activity also shows the same but I don’t have a mobile device, I got Home Internet. Which is weird….

Mobile Station International Subscriber Directory Number(MSISDN) is a number used to identify a mobile phone number internationally. MSISDN is defined by the E.164numbering plan. This number includes a country code and a National Destination Code which identifies the subscriber's operator.

Likewise, how do I find my Msisdn? The MSISDN is just the phone number of the SIM.You can find this in Settings >> General >> About. It'slisted as "Mobile Data Number".

Subsequently, question is, is Msisdn same as phone number?

It's usually stored in a SIM card. A mobile subscriber integrated services digital network (MSISDN)number is a cellphone's phone number. The IMSI isused internally within cellphone systems to identify aphone. Most users don't know their IMSIs, while theMSISDN can be dialed to reach the phone.

Yesterday my wife’s phone lost its ability to send texts...people were not getting them.  Then strangers started sending texts as if responding to a job offer for a secret shopper...that they got from her phone number.  Like 10+ texts every hour. 

Today she went to the T-Mobile store to try and fix it, and they ended up selling her a new phone.  After the store took care of the new phone and data transfer, she is STILL getting these messages.  The employee at the store said it’s called spoofing, and there is nothing anyone can do about it, but the messages should stop in a month.  WTF?

I looked on our family plan T-Mobile activity and found this listed in the Activity section which posted at the same date and time as when all this stuff started happening:

Link a MSISDN

Also, my wife’s line had a different name.  Everyone’s line has the person’s name, but now hers is called MY PEEPER.  

It looks like someone haccked into my online account, linked their nefarious phone with my wife’s phone number, and re-named her phone line.  Then started sending out their bogus ads to random people.  

Are we just supposed to let this go on?  Is there nothing T-Mobile can do to remove this junk or sever their connection to my account? 

Also, I just checked her messaging activity on the website.  There area hundreds of texts sent to cities all over the country, multiple sent messages per minute, non-stop.  For the three hours that the T-Mobile store was transferring her old data to her new phone, those messages were still being sent, even though her phone line was not even on.  And it’s still sending messages from her number, even though she has been asleep in our room for hours and obviously has not been using her phone.    

How can we get rid of this hacker’s access to her phone number?  

Also, I just checked her messaging activity on the website.  There area hundreds of texts sent to cities all over the country, multiple sent messages per minute, non-stop.  For the three hours that the T-Mobile store was transferring her old data to her new phone, those messages were still being sent, even though her phone line was not even on.  And it’s still sending messages from her number, even though she has been asleep in our room for hours and obviously has not been using her phone.    

Same exact thing happened to my son’s phone.  Name was changed on the line, and he was getting all kinds of responses from texts he did not send, but were sent from his number.  The person even started texting me from his number asking for the Tmobile security code, I’m guessing trying to get access to the other lines on the account.

T mobile support just changed his phone number and said everything was good.  4 days later he gets a text saying a new device has logged into his line using DIGITS.  Looking at his text history, he got the same message before right before he started getting all of the weird messages.

It was the same person re-attaching their phone to his line using DIGITS.  I don’t know how they did it, and T mobile support couldn’t tell me either.  If you log into https://mydigits.t-mobile.com/ you can see if there are any devices logged in under any of your lines.  Your situation sounds exactly like mine, so I would expect you to find a strange device linked to your wifes phone.  You can remove the device from this screen.  I was not able to remove the user though, so it still lists some strange unknown email address as having access to his line to use for DIGITS.  I wouldn’t be suprised if they just continue adding it back.

Same exact thing happened to my son’s phone.  Name was changed on the line, and he was getting all kinds of responses from texts he did not send, but were sent from his number.  The person even started texting me from his number asking for the Tmobile security code, I’m guessing trying to get access to the other lines on the account.

T mobile support just changed his phone number and said everything was good.  4 days later he gets a text saying a new device has logged into his line using DIGITS.  Looking at his text history, he got the same message before right before he started getting all of the weird messages.

It was the same person re-attaching their phone to his line using DIGITS.  I don’t know how they did it, and T mobile support couldn’t tell me either.  If you log into https://mydigits.t-mobile.com/ you can see if there are any devices logged in under any of your lines.  Your situation sounds exactly like mine, so I would expect you to find a strange device linked to your wifes phone.  You can remove the device from this screen.  I was not able to remove the user though, so it still lists some strange unknown email address as having access to his line to use for DIGITS.  I wouldn’t be suprised if they just continue adding it back.

Lol!!

Did you find out what happened to your eifes phone? I have been going thru the same thing for over 1.5 years. No one will or could help me. I tried T'Mobile  the geek squad  Samsung, the Police and my internet provider. Somehow they turn my data off on my phone an have pretty much tsken over it remotely.  Its like everyone is so big n security. But won't do anything when something actually happens! I just am over it. All they say it reset to factory condition !!! That hasn't worked the first 500 times and I don't think it will. 

I just wanted to know if you solved your problem and if so, fill me in