Question

Starting date prepaid plan - eSIM app

• 6 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to buy a prepaid plan via the eSim app for a six month stay in the US.

I would like to purchase the plan ahead of time, so it activates on the arrival date and is ready to use when I land. As far as I can tell there is no way to set a starting date when purchasing the plan and it would be activated straight away. Is this the case or am I missing something? Other providers (like for example simly) provide the option to set an activation date. Otherwise I would have to deal with this upon arrival, when i have other things to do and need a working connection right away. 

Also i would like to know if there is a plan, which includes a flat for calls to Europe (Germany) or at least reduced international rates? As far as I can tell, there are only plans with flats for US calls only. 

Thanks for any help, best.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The esim can only be activated on a Tmobile USA tower so no need to purchase the plan right away.

As far as international calling it will depend on you plan as an add on.

Badge

The esim can only be activated on a Tmobile USA tower so no need to purchase the plan right away.

As far as international calling it will depend on you plan as an add on.

Thank you for the answer! So I can purchase the plan ahead of time and activate as soon as I land? Or do I need to buy the plan in the US to not “waste” any days? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

On that I'm not sure. Are you using a credit card from the USA? You need to check if they take credit cards from Germany. @syaoran  probably can help answer this for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

On that I'm not sure. Are you using a credit card from the USA? You need to check if they take credit cards from Germany. @syaoran  probably can help answer this for you.

International credit cards are very hit and miss.  Banks that do business in the US, like Barclay's, will work.

Badge +1

I was able to set a date and purchase my e-sim by contacting them on Messenger (Facebook). The only  problem I have is activating it… I’m currently trying to figure out how to activate it since I set a date.