Solved

Transfer / migrate from the physical sim to eSIM

• First activity
  • 3 replies

Hello! I have the physical t-mobile SIM and I want to transfer phone number to my eSIM account / to convert it into eSIM. At the moment I have two tmobile accounts and numbers, is it possible to merge em? (both accounts are prepaid)

I talked to the tech support - and every time I called I had a different information:

• 1st time i was told that in 24hrs everything would be done smoothly (nothing happened so I called again)
  • 2d time I was told that T-Mobile doesn't support a feature to transfer the physical sim into the eSIM (when both numbers are tmobile numbers)
  • before the first call I tried to reach a text support online - they also didn't resolve any questions and just said that tmobile doesnt fully support eSIM.

What is the truth here? Is it really not possible?
Also an extra eSIM question - if I want to use the same eSIM on a different phone, how to achieve it? Or it is impossible now to perform any kind of eSIM transfers?

Thanks for understanding.

icon

Best answer by .dc 11 July 2019, 15:41

View original

12 replies

Okay tech support resolved all the problems! Thank you guys!

Userlevel 5

Would also be helpful to know what device you are dealing with.

IPhone XS; It took a little bit of time but finally support figured out how to transfer my old number onto the new account.

Userlevel 4

eSIM is still in many ways sort of a world of unknown, sorry for the issues and so glad to see a rep was able to make it happen!

-Lauren

I'm very happy with your (with our (T-Mobile)) twitter support; the best experience I had. They just asked information about both accounts and resolved everything.

Hi there, so do you actually change from the SIM to the eSIM? it has been a nightmare for me 😢

I am trying to do the same thing as the original post, swapping my existing T-mobile account from the physical SIM to an eSIM while keeping the same service. I called and chatted to T-mobile experts. They all told me to download the T-mobile esim app to create a new account. I tried that app, but find there are only two rates are available. None of them is like my current rate. I am kind of getting lost. Where should I go to get help really helps?

Badge

I'm very happy with your (with our (T-Mobile)) twitter support; the best experience I had. They just asked information about both accounts and resolved everything.

How can they do that? I’m still doing this tough thing, no one can help me. Every time I get a different answer. Can you help me to get their twitter support contact information?  Thank you.

Badge

eSIM is still in many ways sort of a world of unknown, sorry for the issues and so glad to see a rep was able to make it happen!

-Lauren

Where can I find the solution, I have the same problem as his. Every time I get a different answer and no one can help me.

Badge

Okay tech support resolved all the problems! Thank you guys!

I’m glad you resolved your issue but I’m looking to do the same from a SIM from and IPhone and transfer into a eSIM for a Samsung Galaxy Watch. 

So can you give directions on this?

Can it be done on the user side or does support need to be involved in the process?

If support is needed, what key words do I use so they understand what I want to do?

I would assume to simply ask, Hey can you convert my SIM from my phone to a eSIM for my watch?

But support can be stupid sometimes.

Thanks! 

Hello! I have the physical t-mobile SIM and I want to transfer phone number to my eSIM account / to convert it into eSIM. At the moment I have two tmobile accounts and numbers, is it possible to merge em? (both accounts are prepaid)

I talked to the tech support - and every time I called I had a different information:

• 1st time i was told that in 24hrs everything would be done smoothly (nothing happened so I called again)
  • 2d time I was told that T-Mobile doesn't support a feature to transfer the physical sim into the eSIM (when both numbers are tmobile numbers)
  • before the first call I tried to reach a text support online - they also didn't resolve any questions and just said that tmobile doesnt fully support eSIM.

What is the truth here? Is it really not possible?
Also an extra eSIM question - if I want to use the same eSIM on a different phone, how to achieve it? Or it is impossible now to perform any kind of eSIM transfers?

Thanks for understanding.

I had the same happen to me.

Then they said I would have to move to a post-paid account and migrate to esim, when I finally enquired about it I was told it was not possible on the same call.

It is sad that mobile can not move a physical sim to esim, this is a very straightforward procedure 

Hi there, so do you actually change from the SIM to the eSIM? it has been a nightmare for me when i was doing my work Medical Fitness Center