$50 a month. What a straight up lie.

Badge

I was told time and time again, as I was signing up for this ‘home internet’ that it would be $50 a month with no hidden fees or extra charges. Come to find out, that $5 discount only takes effect if I put the ‘home internet’ on auto pay. Learning that, I put ‘home internet’ on auto pay. Low and behold, they charge me that $55 for the month of April. Is this thing retroactive or something?

Also, I am a veteran and I have provided the necessary documents into my account. Does t-mobile not have any discounts for veterans, beyond that $50 “if” on auto pay? What is the point of having your customers say they are veterans?

I am not mad or anything. I am just frustrated that a promise wasn’t delivered upon, or rather. An arbitrary string was attached.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Autopay may take up to 2 billing cycles to show up on your bill but it's supposed to be retro so you should see the credit.

As for the military try googling Tmobile military credits. I have read other posts stating they get military credits but it all depends on the plan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I was told time and time again, as I was signing up for this ‘home internet’ that it would be $50 a month with no hidden fees or extra charges. Come to find out, that $5 discount only takes effect if I put the ‘home internet’ on auto pay.

I am not mad or anything. I am just frustrated that a promise wasn’t delivered upon, or rather. An arbitrary string was attached.

No lie or coverup.  Autopay plainly required for $50 rate.

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

Badge

Welp. It is now may, I have once again been charged $55. I have my service on auto pay.

If you are/were first responder or military., ask to go on that plan they just require a little paperwork proof.. internet is $30/mo

Every mobile phone company gives discounts for autopay and discount on all ohone line on autopay. I have 6 devies and besides the first responder discount, I saved $30/month  by adding auto pay.

Note also, that the auto pay discount has been changed for only payments from bank accounts or debit cards, which give you no protection if the account is hacked.

How else would you have an autp pay set up other than your bank ?

Of course you are protected. If you use your debit card and it was not the amount that was supposed to be taken, just call the bank and they will give you a credit while they investigate.

Any issue I had with my debit card, the money I disputed was back in my account while I was still on the phone with them.