Solved

Help Settling a Debt Collection

• 8 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I got a final notice for my bill on April, 2022. Finally my account got turned over to a collection agency and my debt kept being built because I was going through a financial situation. My debt got sent to Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. and then I continued not paying and it got sent to I.C. System Inc. I was wondering if I can go to directly TMobile to pay for this debt. I got sent a letter from I.C. System Inc back in November, 2022 and well it's June, 2023 so I wanted to settle this debt immediately! I need a new phone and I want to open an account with TMobile immediately. I have all the bill documents with my account number and the collection debt letters to help assist with information about my debt. I just want to know once I settle this debt can I open a new account ASAP? I really wanted to get a new iphone. 

icon

Best answer by syaoran 8 June 2023, 10:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Once the debt has been passed off to a debt collection agency.  You need to deal with the debt collection agency.

Badge

Alright but what kind of payment do I make because when I went to the website it told me TMobile agreed to make a settlement offer at a reduced price that was half the price of my bill, which is 454.90. Do I make a single payment of 454 or do I pay in full which is 909.80? After I make that payment how soon can I open a new account? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Alright but what kind of payment do I make because when I went to the website it told me TMobile agreed to make a settlement offer at a reduced price that was half the price of my bill, which is 454.90. Do I make a single payment of 454 or do I pay in full which is 909.80? After I make that payment how soon can I open a new account? 

Reach out to T-Mobile through Direct Message on Facebook or Twitter to see if they can look at the account and if they can still accept a payment for it. 

From my understanding, once a debt has been passed off to collections.  That debt has been purchased from T-Mobile and to be collected by the debt collections agency to try and make a profit on it.  If that debt has been passed on from one debt collection agency to another debt collection agency.  That just further complicates things.  

Badge

Thank you appreciate the feedback. It's like having a cloud overy shoulder. I will go to a store nearby tomorrow and ask the same questions because I already reached out customer service on the phone and was told to visit a store. I have all the documents for each agency and letters for the bill and account number so hopefully that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you appreciate the feedback. It's like having a cloud overy shoulder. I will go to a store nearby tomorrow and ask the same questions because I already reached out customer service on the phone and was told to visit a store. I have all the documents for each agency and letters for the bill and account number so hopefully that helps.

Reaching out to T-Mobile through DM on Facebook or Twitter puts you in contact with level 2 support, also known as the T-Force Team.  They are higher up the chain than calling 611 and speaking with Customer Care.