Question

Why is Tidal data being recognize as hotspot data?

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Hi!

I’ve called support a few times about this, and they opened a ticket with a higher level tech support.

Basically, what is happening is that data for my Tidal music app is being counted against my Hotspot data and then I’m being rate limited when I hit the monthly limit. It is a pain.

I have the Magenta MAX plan, if that matters.

I’ve followed the basic trouble shooting via T-Mobile support to reset my network settings.

Tech support said that the data usage is showing up as hotspot usage “in one system but not another,” and that’s why they opened a ticket.

I have heard back from tech support regarding the status of the ticket and they say there is “no provisioning errors” on the backend.

Anyways, I want to be able to use Tidal with my unlimited data and not have it count again my hotspot allotment.

And, I’ve verified that no external device is connected via the Wi-Fi hotspot. The hotspot feature has been off all month.

I’ve also cleared the cache/local data, uninstalled the app, and reinstalled it, and it is still rate limited.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

1 reply

I have the same issue with Prime music and tmobile is useless. When my phones are paid off I'm switching