Question

Home internet

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anne else have problems with there home internet saying that it has excellent signal but it has no signal or weak signal and it always buffering when I'm watching a movie on Paramount or it says that I have no internet connection but showing excellent signal .I switched from spectrum because of there bull shit ways with my bill and crappy CS but I didn't want to go from that to this. I've done everything that they suggested on moving in to a different spot but still not getting the same service I had if I knew this I would have gone to a different company all together but since I've been with TMobile for 18 years I thought that it was the right choice but now I'm not sure 

11 replies

Yes, I can’t watch Fubo or Paramount +. They just keep buffering. None of the other streaming services have this problem.

I have same problem with the buffering but only with Paramount +  This problem is both using the Paramount + app on the TV and with using my Fire Cube.  I had problems with Paramount + before switching to T-Mobile so I think the problem is with Paramount + and not T-Mobile

Userlevel 1
Badge

I also got rid of spectrum because of there B.S. that I was dealing with. So I thought since I've been with T-mobile for 15 years that was the right place to go and its only 50 bucks a month and doesn’t change (unlike spectrum) so I went with them. I had problems with my gateway and did everything they ask and still had problems to where they sent me a new one so I tried the new one hoping that it will be better. I also have one of there cell spots that they used to offer to people that were in the middle of their cell coverage I was in between their 2 towers. When I had that working with spectrum I all ways had great service with everything now with this gateway that T-mobile has I can’t get it to work right I’ve tried to have CS help but that was a nightmare since I couldn’t understand them. Now that I have 2 of their home internet gateways because I haven't sent the other one back yet seams to work better and no lag on anything but as soon as I only use the new one I have problems again so idk 

Does anne else have problems with there home internet saying that it has excellent signal but it has no signal or weak signal and it always buffering when I'm watching a movie on Paramount or it says that I have no internet connection but showing excellent signal .I switched from spectrum because of there bull shit ways with my bill and crappy CS but I didn't want to go from that to this. I've done everything that they suggested on moving in to a different spot but still not getting the same service I had if I knew this I would have gone to a different company all together but since I've been with TMobile for 18 years I thought that it was the right choice but now I'm not sure 

this is by far the slowest weakest signal internet I've had since dial up with a phone line you remember 45mins for a picture of your dog to upload, yeah so I watch Netflix it buffers constantly now I can Hotspot my phone t-mobile still and its  fast and works great so I'm confused why we get this box at all?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

On Amazon Fire Stick, I would get frequent (2-3 times per month) buffering problems on YoutubeTV on both Spectrum cable internet and TMO Home internet. The only solution that worked for me was restarting Fire Stick and in some cases having to log out and log back in. Nothing to do with internet bandwidth.

Here is my theory on why this happens. Live TV was never designed for streaming devices so getting it to work required a lot of “work arounds”. I think the biggest challenge was the unyielding local blackout rules around sports as well as programming differences based on where you live. This was easy to manage when you had to use physical broadcast signal or physical cable box. With streaming devices that only limit the simultaneous logins, you can have one account watching live TV in multiple city locations each with their own channel restrictions.

We already know Hulu Live TV is having problems on TMO specifically because of geolocation not working on TMO public IP.

Thus, whenever I see excessive buffering, I tend to believe it’s due to the app not knowing if you have permission to see the channel or not. Since restarting or logging out/in fixes this for me, this is what I believe is the root cause. I have never had buffing issues on Netflix which only cares what country you live in. I can confirm this by testing Netflix while my Youtube TV is still have buffering issues. Netflix has no restrictions like live TV.

Lastly, everyone once in a while, Youtube TV like other streaming providers have bandwidth issues on their side, but when that happens, it’s only specific channels and there's nothing you can do about except watch from a different streaming app.

I keep losing signal even though T-Mobile cube says I have a good signal.  Had anyone been able to tell if there is an updated cube? Or if that helps?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have 4 bars and good numbers, bust still experiencing buffering with Amazon Prime and a few others. Did anyone come up with a solution?

SINR    5

RSRQ -8

RSRP -99 

on 5G band n41

Any help much appreciated   

I keep dropping Wi-Fi even though my cube says I have excellent connection. Tech support contacted x3 with no improvement. At least I think so…I’ve never asked “can you repeat that” so many time in my life!  I’m thinking I’m going to go to Tacus fiber network and just pay the extra $$. 

Badge

So I figured out that mine says excellent wifi because the wifi signal coming from the gateway is excellent, it can connect itself to my devices just fine. It's just that it's not connected to the internet. So in the app, or your device's settings, it will tell you that the wifi signal is great, but you're connected to it without internet. 

That doesn't solve your internet issue, which I am having, too, but hopefully that helps explain why it says you're connection is good. 

Yes..cannot get on any apps on my tv

Very frustrating

Tired of this connected with no internet!! Not paying to have no Internet connection!!!!! This is ridiculous!!!!