Question

T-Mobile provided Hulu - can users pay gor no ads?

• 4 January 2024
  • 24 replies

Badge

On 1/24/24 T-Mobile will add the ADs Included tier to some of its packages.  Question:  can T-Mobile subscribers accept the free tier and then pay for the upgrade for no ads?

24 replies

So if I understand it correctly, Jan 25 2024 Netflix will not have Ads during the movies? And Hulu free for one year! And upon reading if you pay extra then the ads are removed?

It never fails, good things never lasts.

Userlevel 1

So, just to be sure I understand,  we do have to option to pay a few extra bucks for "no ads"?

Do I need to contact Netflix and Hulu for this option?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you mean Netflix is adding ads to the “On us” subscription?

“You currently have Netflix ON US included in your plan. Netflix recently updated their subscription tiers, you’ll now receive Netflix Standard with ads, providing more features and benefits to you. This benefit will continue to be ON US ($0). There is nothing you need to do. This change will take effect between January 25 and February 1.”

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

T-Mobile and Hulu have not yet released the details.   An article in CNet (also other sources) claims…

Whereas T-Mobile includes Netflix with a variety of its plans and Apple TV Plus on its Magenta Max and Go5G Plus options, getting bundled Hulu will require you to be on the carrier's top Go5G Next plan.

So only for Magenta Max and Go5G Plus plans. And the 55+ versions of those plans.  I have The Magenta Max 55+ plan and I received a text from T-Mobile today that Hulu is coming.   No details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

T-Mobile and Hulu have not yet released the details.   An article in CNet claims…

Whereas T-Mobile includes Netflix with a variety of its plans and Apple TV Plus on its Magenta Max and Go5G Plus options, getting bundled Hulu will require you to be on the carrier's top Go5G Next plan.

I have The Magenta Max 55+ plan and I received a text from T-Mobile today that Hulu is coming.   No details.

https://www.t-mobile.com/tv-streaming

Hulu kicks off on the 24th of this month.

same link for those wanting to see what all streaming offers they have.

I have the same question. I know there were options to bump up plans and pay the difference but would like to have the peace of mind knowing that we are not being forced into Ads as a “perk”. I know there are plenty of shills out there trying to act like “but its free!”… Not really. Just like people prefer to pay for things without selling their data, or spending time of their life watching Ads they never cared for in the first place and will never be able to get back. I know some people may not value their time but others might. My hope is as was before that T-Mobile would cover a certain dollar value of a plan but allow the customer to upgrade their plan and pay the difference. 

Aside of a small group of people, I know most would prefer not to see Ads or sell their personal information.

Userlevel 1

Hulu is also coming on Jan 24th with Ads. This stinks… The current Ad Free Standard Netflix is valued at  $15.49 per month on my plan - aka plan I signed up for.   Netflix w/Ads is valued at $6.99 and Hulu w/Ads is valued at $7.99 per month or $14.98 per month for both Netflix and Hulu w/Ads. 

I’m currently paying $15.49 for streaming services included in my plan but will only see $14.98 per month after this change takes effect.  T-Mobile will be making an extra buck off of me after this change.   

Worse yet, we will now have to deal with a constant stream of annoying Ads while watching our favorite shows and movies.

It’s time to find another Cellular provider.  Shoot, I can do without streaming services if it saves me a bunch of money.

Yes, I will also move back to Verizon. So, being we are on the 55plus and 5G plan does that mean Netflix and Hulu will now have ads? 

I meant Go5g

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes, I will also move back to Verizon. So, being we are on the 55plus and 5G plan does that mean Netflix and Hulu will now have ads? 

I have the Magenta Max 55+.   I have been paying an extra $11 per month to get Netflix Premium (4K).   I received a text message from T-Mobile yesterday indicating that the Netflix Premium rate will increase from $11 to $16 effective January 25th.  No ads with Netflix Premium.

So, I would assume everyone who currently gets Netflix on Us for free will be moved to the Netflix with Ads plan.   Those, like me, who have been paying extra to get Netflix Premium will continue to get Premium, but the extra cost will rise from $11 to $16. ($22.99 - $6.99).

• Premium: $22.99 / month

An outstanding question is whether T-Mobile subscribers who are moved to the Netflix with Ads plan will be given the option to upgrade to the Netflix Standard (No Ads) plan by paying an extra $8.50 per month. ($15.49 - $6.99)

• Standard: $15.49 / month

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I meant Go5g

If you have Go5G, Go5G 55+, Magenta, Magenta 55+, or any grandfathered plan, you will not qualify for Hulu.   Only the Go5G Plus and Magenta Max customers will get Hulu.

Either that or the news services reporting is incorrect.   Has anyone on Go5G or Majenta received a text message from T-Mobile regarding Hulu?   I am on Magenta Max 55+ and got a text message that I will be eligible for Hulu.

According to T-Mobile support, there will be an option to purchase Hulu with no ads in combination with the new promotion:

Thank you. Hulu no ads at t-mobile on 1/25/24 for $10/month. Better than netflex premium no ads at $16/mo

I am on Magenta Max 55+ and am seeing NO options for adding Hulu today.

Do we need to wait until tomorrow, 1/25 to see it?

I was just able to add it.  It DOES look like you can upgrade to the no-ad version for an extra $10/mo through your Hulu account (not your TMobile account).

Go5g 55 dose not qualify for Hulu with ads. Spent most of the morning trying to upload it and received a message saying my plan does not qualify. Go Verizon

I was just able to add it.  It DOES look like you can upgrade to the no-ad version for an extra $10/mo through your Hulu account (not your TMobile account).

Did you have to jump through all the hoops and cancel your Hulu service first?  I read there was no option to upgrade the loan to the no ads version.  

I meant Go5g

If you have Go5G, Go5G 55+, Magenta, Magenta 55+, or any grandfathered plan, you will not qualify for Hulu.   Only the Go5G Plus and Magenta Max customers will get Hulu.

Either that or the news services reporting is incorrect.   Has anyone on Go5G or Majenta received a text message from T-Mobile regarding Hulu?   I am on Magenta Max 55+ and got a text message that I will be eligible for Hulu.

Not true @cjake. I have T Mobile One. I have the offer and the upgraded plan as well. The base layer is free on them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I meant Go5g

Not true @cjake. I have T Mobile One. I have the offer and the upgraded plan as well. The base layer is free on them. 

I have a 1 plan and don't see the option. Do you have the 1 plus plan?

OK, I see the answers to the NETFLIX and HULU upgrade with no ads. I currently have HULU LIVE TV, with no ads and Disney & ESPN. Has anyone upgraded with these items. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I meant Go5g

I called and was told I was NOT eligible for Hulu with Magenta Max 55+ even though I got a text message saying I was. Service Rep said many were calling in because they got a notification as I did, but weren’t eligible without changing plans.

IT STINKS!!!!!

Netflix benefit went down (and I chose the plan I have to get the additional Netflix benefit) yet we get nothing from the Hulu benefit.  Bait and switch, all the way.  Changing plans to get the Hulu benefit costs more than Hulu.

According to T-Mobile support, there will be an option to purchase Hulu with no ads in combination with the new promotion:

If someone has successfully done this, please let us know how because if you go to Hulu and try to change to the ad free version, it appears you will give up your T-Mobile discount and have to immediately start paying the $17.99 rate, not the $10 difference 

Looks like you can’t pay to upgrade.  I asked Hulu chat.

I just chatted with Hulu. I signed up for the free subscription with ads covered by T-Mobile, then asked the Hulu chat to experiment to switch to the $17.99 no ads and see if the charge is going to be the added $10 or if the charge would be the entire $17.99 (losing the T-Mobile promo). She said I’d get the full charge and lose the promo: