Accessing my HotSpot account from web

• 19 August 2018
  • 14 replies

I got HotSpot and it's working as it's supposed to.

Now I want to access my hotsport account online, and when I'm trying creating an account for my hotsport- T-Mobile website says it sent me verification text on my hotspot number (funny, right?).

Then I said ok, maybe I don't understand something - and I went to T-Mobile shop to get explanation on how it works. And they said- yeah, you're supposed to get the text. Just take out that SIM card and put it in any phone device and you'll get the text (stupid, isn't it?). I did it, and obviously my phone device didn't receive any verification texts.

T-Mobile, can you prove to me you are the best? What kind of service is it???

14 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there! I'm sorry that you're having a hard time with the website.  What kind of plan do you have (prepaid, postpaid?) And what kind of tablet do you have?  Some plans/tablets do allow for SMS messaging.  There's also the possibility that there is a short code block on the account, which can only be removed by reaching out to T-Mobile.

I have prepaid 6GB for $25/month.

I contacted T-Mobile person via FB- it took 2 hours to figure out the account now is locked. But when I chatted with that person- I finally received those 3 texts with the same activation code, which didn't help. The chat person said my account is locked for 48 hours and I'll have to return to check if it's working on Tuesday.

I'm not sure if I can be satisfied with the way things work with HotSpot web account set up. Definitely plenty of room to grow.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Oh dear, I'm sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for.  Did the account lock because you had requested the code several times? I'll keep my fingers crossed that it opens up for you Tuesday.

Userlevel 4

Hey @am369380 

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if you still need help with this.

Well, it's Tuesday- the day I supposed to get a message from the T-Mobile

assistant I was in chat with.

But taking two days to delete broken account is the sign of awesome

functionality on your side, guys.

Yeah, I finally got contacted by T-Mobile representative which said I'm ok

to go ahead and register new account, which I obviosly wasn't able to do

(the error was showing that I entered invalid phone number). Reported the

problem in chat. Response- please give me time till Saturday (!!!) which is

five days from Tuesday.

Thanks T-Mobile for unforgettable service

Userlevel 4

I am so sorry to hear that you are still having issues with this. It sounds like we are working on it though so that is a good thing. We greatly appreciate your patience in this.

Userlevel 3

Good morning, @am369380​!

I just wanted to swing by to see if your account has been unlocked yet (fingers crossed). I'm also curious, what type of hotspot device are you using? I may be able to pass along steps of how to check the messages for it without putting your SIM in a phone or a different device.

I don't have access to web account, and this is the problem I complained

about. After finding the phone device and inserting SIM into it and

chatting with T-Mobile I got 3 texts at once. But unfortunately it did not

help to access my account on the web. Saturday was two days ago and I

didn't hear anything from T-Mobile. It looks like accessing HotSpot account

online is very unique problem and I'm the 1st customer ever trying to

figure that out. Still hoping T-Mobile is the best.

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the update! Gosh, I'm sorry you're still locked out. Unlocking your My T-Mobile account should be simple. What type of hotspot device are you using? Have you tried logging back in online yet?

Hello did you ever get into your online account. I also have just the tmobile hotspot device, and was having a hard time. I found how to get into the account. First connect your computer to your hotspot, and then go to HTTP://mobile.hotspot. the password should be admin, but if you look your device under device information it will tell you what your password is. You will access the information for your device like the phone number, and messages which is the text message. Hope this helps. You can then use the http://moblie.hotspot to track your data usage. 

Badge

Once I have access to the hot spot using the above suggestion: “I found how to get into the account. First connect your computer to your hotspot, and then go to HTTP://mobile.hotspot. the password should be admin, but if you look your device under device information it will tell you what your password is. You will access the information for your device like the phone number, and messages which is the text message. Hope this helps. You can then use the http://moblie.hotspot to track your data usage.”.

Thank you for the above suggestion - I have been trying to get “tmobile” online access to my hotspot for several months with the same issue about the text verification going to the hot spot phone # (really??)

Can I remotely turn off / turn back on my Franklin Tmobile hotspot via http://mobile.hotspot Sometimes the hot spot will go offline (I use it to view my security camera’s) and I am not in a place that I can run over and manually turn it off & back on to reset it and would like to be able to do that via the web.  I have called customer service and some representatives are able to do it but some say they cannot, but I would like to be able to reset/restart it online when it stops working and I am not in the area with it. 

I am having the same problem here. Try to set up an account for my hotspot ( for billing/payment). I can’t even call the custom service because they ask the PIN #. I don’t think I set up the PIN when I purchased the device. 

The problem still exists in 2021. Well, T-Mobile is still a young company and once they are 100 years old, they may have solved this problem. 

Meanwhile - I stuck the SIM card from my hotspot into a phone, had the system resend the code and it arrived within seconds. Then it asked me to verify my PIN and I vaguely remembered that I set it in the store. I always use 8888 (nah - just joking) and the system forced me to do 6 numbers, so I did 888888. 

By the way, the SIM doesn’t allow for texting and I could neither send nor receive a text. It’s pure luck that the text from the T-Mobile server came through.