Solved

After a few years CellSpot went offline how do I get it working?

I've had the CellSpot for a few years and about a week ago it went red and lost connection to the house repeater. Who do I talk to for debug and support?

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 23 July 2018, 18:46

Oh man, what a shame. We totally wanna get that working again for you. Have you tried unplugging and plugging the device back in to see if that works? Might wanna try another outlet as well and see if that does the trick. If this does continue, Community-2153​ and reach out to our Tech folks so we can get this resolved for you.

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Oh man, what a shame. We totally wanna get that working again for you. Have you tried unplugging and plugging the device back in to see if that works? Might wanna try another outlet as well and see if that does the trick. If this does continue, Community-2153​ and reach out to our Tech folks so we can get this resolved for you.

Userlevel 5

Hey, @johnwunder​!

I wanted to swing by to see if you've tried MC's suggestion of unplugging the device and plugging it back in to see if it jumps back online. If you have our WiFi CellSpot router, try following these steps: Wi-Fi CellSpot Router issues​. If you have our 4G LTE CellSpot, give these steps a shot: 4G LTE CellSpot issues​.

Had unplugged and plugged it back in when it first failed. Still broke.

John

Userlevel 5

Thanks for the update, @johnwunder​. Did you try some of the steps I suggested based upon which CellSpot you have?

Not sure the steps you recommended are applicable to me. I have a Personal CellSpot 4G LTE Booster and it does not have an Ethernet port. They have been doing some work on the cell towers in my area, zipcode 27950, as a new one went in and that's when my booster failed. The signal is better with the new tower most of the time so we've been limping by with WiFi calling in the house. I had the booster as a backup if WiFi went down, which does happen more regularly than I like, and the signal in the house is still too weak without the booster working to depend on. Do you work for T-Mobile and can you tell me whether what's going on with the new tower could be affecting my CellSpot Booster?

Johnny

Good luck - I've not been able to get mine to reboot successfully for the last week.  Tech Support is sending me a new unit,although they say the problem is with Spectrum/Time Warner internet connectivity.  They told me to wait 4 DAYS and that it would probably then connect (maybe).  The first time it connected after two days, then we lost power for an hour and it had to start all over again.  On Day 2 now, and it's still just blinking.  They say to use Wi-Fi Calling, which lasts about 2 minutes before dropping your call.  It's the worst.  The CellSpot works fabulously when it works (5 bars, great reception) - but I can't wait 4 days every time it goes down.  They tell me they are working diligently with Spectrum to resolve the issue, but since I have no coverage without it, I am extremely frustrated right now.  Been a T-Mobile customer about 20 years, and service has always been good - but this needs to get resolved quickly or I may have to switch carriers.

Hmmm.

I certainly want to continue assisting, but before we go further I want to confirm exactly which device you are using. If it doesn't have an Ethernet port, it's likely a signal booster and not a CellSpot, but I just want to be sure!

-Lauren

It is a CellSpot Signal Booster.

Johnny

Fixed.  FWIW I finally called T-Mobile and after a few questions for free they send me a new CellSpot Signal Booster which is in the window working fine.

Userlevel 5

Hey, @johnwunder​!

Thanks so much for the update! I'm happy to hear that the CellSpot is doing the trick for you. 😊

Finally activated and working !! Nothing changed on my part, just left it alone for 5 days or so.

UPDATE: Finally connected! After over two weeks with literally no reception in my house.  And Wifi Calling that dropped constantly.  They sent a new unit and then after 4 days - miracle!

All green lights!  Now I just pray my power doesn't go out again.  T-MOBILE - You need to work this out with Spectrum, if that really is the issue.  4 days to connect is totally not acceptable.