Solved

Can't Access Some Websites via hotspot

• 2 October 2019
  • 6 replies

I used to be able to access all websites from my laptop via hotspot, but lately I can't access some websites (amazon, ebay, etc). Has anyone reported this?

Phone: iPhone SE

Plan: T-mobile One

Laptop OS: Windows 7

Web browser: Firefox or Chrome

I can access many sites (such as yahoo), but not others. When I can't access (for example, amazon.com), I get "We can’t connect to the server at www.amazon.com" on firefox or "This site can't be reached" on chrome. I can access amazon from my phone directly. I can also access amazon through my laptop (same laptop) via wifi at home.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 9 October 2019, 15:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @tomodallas​!

That's super weird. Was this after the latest iOS update? Are you running 13.1.2? If not, double check your software updates to make sure the phone is up-to-date. 

iOS has been updated to the latest version. It has been happening prior to

the upgrade.

Userlevel 3

Thanks for getting back to me! Looks like we'll probably have to file a ticket for this. Can you please Community-2153 so we can make sure you don't have a content block on the account then get a ticket filed for you?

Hi,

i am getting same problem with my surface pro. some of the websites works fine but most of the websites doesnt work when

connected via Tmo mobile hotspot. Making it almost useless to use Tmo hotspot. And in the thread I don’t see any solutions provided. Has this issue been resolved?

i have same sort of issue working with hotspot when using in outskirts of london after 3 pm. i have a website and loading live streaming vedeos give me headache often ...do i need to change the phone or plan.thats why i didnt uploaded any vedeo yet on my blog waiting for service ,plan improvement

iam using j 5 pro at the moment and using prepaid unlimited $50  plan

I am getting exactly the same issue. I was reading this page about the best camping hatchets on my laptop, and it was working fine, however, when I tried to read the same camping article on my phone, it did not open. I check it on my friend’s phone and it was fine. I am using an iPhone X