Solved

Cellular Modem in Canada

I have a Netgear LB2120 Cellular modem that works great in the US.  I am now in Canada with a "disconnected" status.  I was told it would work.  How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 20 June 2019, 20:26

Unfortunately because they are a third party and not direct T-Mobile service, we wouldn't be able to give much insight or assistance since we are only familiar with T-Mobile products and plans. 😥

Looking at WirelessBuys website, it does look like there is an international package required for many plans, so that may be part of it. Typically carriers who don't have their own network infrastructure aren't able to offer roaming HotSpot options. That's definitely a generalized statement as I don't know the specifics for your carrier, but it is common for the tethering feature to not be available to shared providers.

I wish I could help more. Good luck!

-Lauren

View original

3 replies

Specs wise, there shouldn't be an issue with the device working in Canada assuming there's compatible coverage.

What rate plan are you on? Not all will be capable of international hotspotting.

Thanks!

-Lauren

I have an unlimited plan through WirelessBuy.com. They aren’t able to answer my questions or help me. I got this message on my router “Welcome to Canada! Your T-Mobile plan gives you data at up to 256kbps and unlimited texts. Want our fastest data? Visit t-mo.co/intl-pass4 to get an International Pass for just $5/day. Enjoy your stay!”. The web site listed did not help me any. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately because they are a third party and not direct T-Mobile service, we wouldn't be able to give much insight or assistance since we are only familiar with T-Mobile products and plans. 😥

Looking at WirelessBuys website, it does look like there is an international package required for many plans, so that may be part of it. Typically carriers who don't have their own network infrastructure aren't able to offer roaming HotSpot options. That's definitely a generalized statement as I don't know the specifics for your carrier, but it is common for the tethering feature to not be available to shared providers.

I wish I could help more. Good luck!

-Lauren