Question

Disconnect devices from Hotspot

• 3 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I signed on to my hotspot on line,  and it reflects 5 devices connect.  I don't know what two of the devices are.  Can I disconnect them from this screen, or must I go around to each device to disconnect? 

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Were any of the suggestions above helpful? Probably the safest thing to do is change the password on the hotspot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hmm. Do you have a password set up on the Hotspot device to keep others from connecting?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I don't personally have the Hotspot but you should be able to boot those devices off of the connection from within the Hotspot administration interface.

Not all devices identify themselves in a way that makes sense.  Roku's usually have a tag in them to list them as a Roku followed by a lot of numbers and the same applies to Amazon connected devices.  Nintendo devices usually don't identify themselves outside of their Mac Address.  The same applies to cable boxes, Tivo's, and some Android and Apple devices. 

If you think about all of the devices you have connected to it.  Does that number match up with the number of devices connected?