Solved

Dtc code but no check engine light on

• 1 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Just received a Dtc p0466 code thru sync and drive but check engine loght is not on on our 2014 gmc terrain is rhe code a legit code with there being no check engine light on id hate to put it in the shop for nothing

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 3 December 2018, 20:14

Hey, @magenta6958853​!

How's everything functioning on your vehicle now? If you're still seeing errors, I recommend unplugging the device and contacting your TEX team via 611 to have a ticket filed regarding this.

View original

4 replies

Badge

There can be many OBD codes stored that are either historical (were happening in the past and whatever triggered them was fixed, but the mechanic didn't clear them) or were transient (occurred once or twice, very briefly, and resolved).  Since OBD is a computer system it "burps" occasionally like any computer does.

For your code, see:  https://www.obd-codes.com/p0466

On most vehicles using the OBD2 protocol, a code has to be tripped on three consecutive full driving cycles (gets up to temp, trans shifts through all gears, etc) for the check engine light to illuminate. If you take your vehicle to most of the major parts suppliers such as AutoZone or O'Reilly's, they are able to loan you an a code reader free of charge that you can use right then to check the veracity of the DTC warning you received from your SyncUp Drive.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5

Hey, @magenta6958853​!

How's everything functioning on your vehicle now? If you're still seeing errors, I recommend unplugging the device and contacting your TEX team via 611 to have a ticket filed regarding this.

My T Mobil Sync Device caused the ABS and Brake Warning Lights on my 2014 Toyota Camry to come on. When I unplugged the T Mobil Sync Device, the ABS and Brake Warning Lights went off all while the car operates great. The Device is over two years old as I purchased it in March 2019.I am concerned to use the Device in this vehicle again or other vehicles. Any suggestions!