Solved

Has anyone used the Verizon MiFi 6620L with T-Mobile?

• 2 March 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a couple of questions:

- Were you able to get the MiFi unit to display  data usage levels on its display?

- If a firmware update comes out, since the unit isn't on Verizon (obviously) how would I get the firmware downloaded and installed?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by snn_555 2 March 2017, 01:28

What 'settings' to use Verizon JetPack hotspot on T-Mobile ?

Apparently some company sells premium memberships to guides that show how to do this.  I imagine it involves changing APN settings, but without dialing into it via computer or other methods, not much is said about this online.  It isn't like a phone with a menu and screen that is functional for tinkering.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What 'settings' to use Verizon JetPack hotspot on T-Mobile ?

Apparently some company sells premium memberships to guides that show how to do this.  I imagine it involves changing APN settings, but without dialing into it via computer or other methods, not much is said about this online.  It isn't like a phone with a menu and screen that is functional for tinkering.

Userlevel 1

I don't think they show how to do that specifically.. but they do show how to get the device working on T-Mobile which is pretty easy. When you powerup the MiFi you go to http://my.jetpack from a laptop that's connected to the MiFi and you'll see under Settings | Advanced that you can update the settings shown here.  When you do that you'll be able to connect to T-Mobile no problem.  But getting your data usage levels and doing firmware updates?  I don't see anything that will let you do that. I'm guessing those features are configured at the firmware layer and they're probably proprietary Verizon endpoints..