Solved

Hotspot stopped uploading/downloading data

• 7 April 2019
  • 1 reply

I'm currently in UAE. My T-Mobile hotspot has worked great here during visits over the past few months. Then yesterday it stopped uploading/downloading data. It connects to the local network just fine, and I get the up/down arrows icon, but no data gets transferred, upload or download, and I have no internet access.

I tried turning the device on/off, manually disconnecting/connecting to the network, resetting/restarting the device, and removing/reinserting the SIM card. My plan, the local network, the location, everything is exactly the same as before. Why is my hotspot not transferring data, and how can I fix it?

(FB/Twitter are not options for me, I can't call 800 numbers from outside the US, and "live chat" or "messaging" don't appear on my screen when I go to the "contact us" page while logged into my T-Mobile account.)

Appreciate any support the community managers or others can provide.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 12 April 2019, 15:10

Greetings!

I'm hoping by now you've been able to successfully find a solution. If not, let's see what we can do! Do you happen to know the local provider for the area?

Alternatively, we do have a support number for international callers here 1-505-998-3793

View original

1 reply

Greetings!

I'm hoping by now you've been able to successfully find a solution. If not, let's see what we can do! Do you happen to know the local provider for the area?

Alternatively, we do have a support number for international callers here 1-505-998-3793