Solved

How do I update the softwere to my T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot?

• 25 April 2017
  • 8 replies

I went through the first 5 steps here to do it from my computer Software versions & updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot  but i'm not sure what file i'm suppose to open.

icon

Best answer by buckbullstallion 25 April 2017, 07:42

lordvegeta wrote:

I went through the first 5 steps here to do it from my computer Software versions & updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot  but i'm not sure what file i'm suppose to open.<br><br>Software versions &amp; updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot

I do not own a T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot. But I will just clarify with you some steps. You stated you are on 5, well 5 is not downloading Firmware it is viewing what firmware you have on device.

Check the software version

To check the current software version, follow these steps:

1. Connect your computer to your Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi.  -- Must be connected --
  2. On your computer, double-click the T-Mobile Hotspot Admin icon on your desktop or open a browser window and enter http://mobile.hotspot/. -- make sure you have your device connected to computer and click the link --
  3. Enter your administrator password and click Login.
    • Note: The default administrator password is “admin”.  -- Were you able to log in??? --
  4. Click Run Diagnostics Tests****Did you run the Diagnostic test??? if so, then click on 
  5. After the test finishes, click View details*** View Details this is not downloading software --
  6. View the Firmware and Hardware.

*** Viewing Firmware and Hardware shows what is installed -- IF you have a T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot after you view the firmware and hardware.  and your Firmware for you device is (BD_MF61V1.0.0B14) then you are up to date no firmware update needed. If on the other hand it is not that then  Proceed to --

7. Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
Software versionStatus

BD_MF61V1.0.0B14

If after step 6 your firmware is as then

no need to update. All good.

Your software is up to date. There are no updates available. This document will be updated if and when new software is available.

BD_MF61V1.0.0B13 or BD_MF61V1.0.0B07

On the other hand if your firmware reads

this click on the Requirements to update.

Then click on the download update link -

you will be brought to the download por-

tion as below.

Your phone can update to software version [version number]:If the update fails, see: Software update troubleshooting.
Other versions

Not supported by T-Mobile.

Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software. See: Rooted device identification and support.

Requirements to update

To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:

• Wi-Fi connection
  • 15-20 minutes for installation

Software update: Download

Download and install software update

You can download and install the software update:

From a computer

Update software from a computer

To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have an Internet connection.
  2. Open a web browser and go to http://www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade/. --- this link shows what file to download, look at the pictures and click the the link
  3. Find the Mobile HotSpot and click the get software button.
  4. Download the file.  -- if the above is true "STEP 7 Read the version on the phone, and check it below:"
    *You have the T-Mobile 4G Mobile Hotspot, your firmware version is BD_MF61V1.0.0B13 or  BD_MF61V1.0.0B07 then the file is this. https://support.t-mobile.com/ --
    Note: There are Mac and Windows files. The customer will need to select the appropriate file.
  5. Connect the Mobile HotSpot to a computer using the USB cable that came in the box with the device.
  6. Open the file.
    • In Windows, if prompted to allow the program access, click Allow.
  7. Click Agree.
  8. Click Continue.

you can follow the pics as needed from original source --

Hope this has helped.

9. Click Continue.
  10. Click Start Update.
  11. Do not unlplug the Mobile HotSpot and allow the update to complete.
  12. When the "Update Successfully!" message is displayed, click OK.

Now you should be all up to date --

View original

8 replies

lordvegeta wrote:

I went through the first 5 steps here to do it from my computer Software versions & updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot  but i'm not sure what file i'm suppose to open.<br><br>Software versions &amp; updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot

I do not own a T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot. But I will just clarify with you some steps. You stated you are on 5, well 5 is not downloading Firmware it is viewing what firmware you have on device.

Check the software version

To check the current software version, follow these steps:

1. Connect your computer to your Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi.  -- Must be connected --
  2. On your computer, double-click the T-Mobile Hotspot Admin icon on your desktop or open a browser window and enter http://mobile.hotspot/. -- make sure you have your device connected to computer and click the link --
  3. Enter your administrator password and click Login.
    • Note: The default administrator password is “admin”.  -- Were you able to log in??? --
  4. Click Run Diagnostics Tests****Did you run the Diagnostic test??? if so, then click on 
  5. After the test finishes, click View details*** View Details this is not downloading software --
  6. View the Firmware and Hardware.

*** Viewing Firmware and Hardware shows what is installed -- IF you have a T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot after you view the firmware and hardware.  and your Firmware for you device is (BD_MF61V1.0.0B14) then you are up to date no firmware update needed. If on the other hand it is not that then  Proceed to --

7. Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
Software versionStatus

BD_MF61V1.0.0B14

If after step 6 your firmware is as then

no need to update. All good.

Your software is up to date. There are no updates available. This document will be updated if and when new software is available.

BD_MF61V1.0.0B13 or BD_MF61V1.0.0B07

On the other hand if your firmware reads

this click on the Requirements to update.

Then click on the download update link -

you will be brought to the download por-

tion as below.

Your phone can update to software version [version number]:If the update fails, see: Software update troubleshooting.
Other versions

Not supported by T-Mobile.

Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software. See: Rooted device identification and support.

Requirements to update

To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:

• Wi-Fi connection
  • 15-20 minutes for installation

Software update: Download

Download and install software update

You can download and install the software update:

From a computer

Update software from a computer

To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you have an Internet connection.
  2. Open a web browser and go to http://www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade/. --- this link shows what file to download, look at the pictures and click the the link
  3. Find the Mobile HotSpot and click the get software button.
  4. Download the file.  -- if the above is true "STEP 7 Read the version on the phone, and check it below:"
    *You have the T-Mobile 4G Mobile Hotspot, your firmware version is BD_MF61V1.0.0B13 or  BD_MF61V1.0.0B07 then the file is this. https://support.t-mobile.com/ --
    Note: There are Mac and Windows files. The customer will need to select the appropriate file.
  5. Connect the Mobile HotSpot to a computer using the USB cable that came in the box with the device.
  6. Open the file.
    • In Windows, if prompted to allow the program access, click Allow.
  7. Click Agree.
  8. Click Continue.

you can follow the pics as needed from original source --

Hope this has helped.

9. Click Continue.
  10. Click Start Update.
  11. Do not unlplug the Mobile HotSpot and allow the update to complete.
  12. When the "Update Successfully!" message is displayed, click OK.

Now you should be all up to date --

Is the file in a zip folder?

MBB Software Updates | Upgrade Your Mobile HotSpot Device | T-Mobile

Click link, then click get software

extract zip folder.

after you extract zip folder double click on autorun.exe

I clicked it,  was it suppose to install something on my computer?

Userlevel 5

Hey, @lordvegeta !

Were you able to get your software updated? If you are still having issues, let me know what type of browser you're using. Yes, as @buckbullstallion mentioned, you should've seen the option to "run" the file that was downloaded.

There was the run option, it installed the Mobile hotspot admin on my computer.

Userlevel 5

Just checking to see if you were able to get your hotspot updated. Is there a specific step you are stuck on?