I went through the first 5 steps here to do it from my computer Software versions & updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot but i'm not sure what file i'm suppose to open.
Best answer by buckbullstallion
I went through the first 5 steps here to do it from my computer Software versions & updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot but i'm not sure what file i'm suppose to open.<br><br>Software versions & updates: T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot
I do not own a T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot. But I will just clarify with you some steps. You stated you are on 5, well 5 is not downloading Firmware it is viewing what firmware you have on device.
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- Connect your computer to your Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi. -- Must be connected --
- On your computer, double-click the T-Mobile Hotspot Admin icon on your desktop or open a browser window and enter http://mobile.hotspot/. -- make sure you have your device connected to computer and click the link --
- Enter your administrator password and click Login.
- Note: The default administrator password is “admin”. -- Were you able to log in??? --
- Click Run Diagnostics Tests. ****Did you run the Diagnostic test??? if so, then click on
- After the test finishes, click View details. *** View Details this is not downloading software --
- View the Firmware and Hardware.
*** Viewing Firmware and Hardware shows what is installed -- IF you have a T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot after you view the firmware and hardware. and your Firmware for you device is (BD_MF61V1.0.0B14) then you are up to date no firmware update needed. If on the other hand it is not that then Proceed to --
- Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
If after step 6 your firmware is as then
no need to update. All good.
|Your software is up to date. There are no updates available. This document will be updated if and when new software is available.|
BD_MF61V1.0.0B13 or BD_MF61V1.0.0B07
On the other hand if your firmware reads
this click on the Requirements to update.
Then click on the download update link -
you will be brought to the download por-
tion as below.
|Your phone can update to software version [version number]:|
Not supported by T-Mobile.
|Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software. See: Rooted device identification and support.|
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- Wi-Fi connection
- 15-20 minutes for installation
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
- Open a web browser and go to http://www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade/. --- this link shows what file to download, look at the pictures and click the the link
- Find the Mobile HotSpot and click the get software button.
- Download the file. -- if the above is true "STEP 7 Read the version on the phone, and check it below:"
*You have the T-Mobile 4G Mobile Hotspot, your firmware version is BD_MF61V1.0.0B13 or BD_MF61V1.0.0B07 then the file is this. https://support.t-mobile.com/ --
Note: There are Mac and Windows files. The customer will need to select the appropriate file.
- Connect the Mobile HotSpot to a computer using the USB cable that came in the box with the device.
- Open the file.
- In Windows, if prompted to allow the program access, click Allow.
- Click Agree.
- Click Continue.
you can follow the pics as needed from original source --
Hope this has helped.
- Click Continue.
- Click Start Update.
- Do not unlplug the Mobile HotSpot and allow the update to complete.
- When the "Update Successfully!" message is displayed, click OK.
Now you should be all up to date --