Solved

Incredibly Frustrated - Coolpad Surf mobile hotspot

• 31 July 2019
  • 4 replies

I ordered a Coolpad Surf with SIM kit , looking forward to having solid internet on the train.  However:

1] I can't activate it.  I connect to the device with my Mac, and it prompts me to activate my device with a screen with T-Mobile Connect Me at u.web2go.com and a Get Started button.  Clicking on that waits a minute and then just gives me the same error.  I have full bars.  I am able to login to the built in admin console just fine.  I tried multiple wireless devices.

2] I go looking for help and tried to find my order.  I click on the link in my email confirmation (see below) and ti doesn't recognize my order!  In fact, the order number I copy and paste in give me an error saying the order doesn't exist.

Order Status Lookup Page

3]  Then I tried to login and it says it doesn't recognize my email.  I tried to create a new account and it says my email is already taken!

I have wasted two hours searching for clues on how to resolve.  All I see are similar horror stories about Support asking for "the mobile phone number" and not getting that this is a data only device.

This is my last resort before returning the device.

Signed, very frustrated with what should have been a 2 minute activation.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 5 August 2019, 17:26

I'm truly sorry this has been a hassle to set-up. I'm assuming you ordered it online and if that's the case, you'll need to Community-2153 to start the return process. You can find more information on returning your hotspot device here: Return a new phone​.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey, @halt00​!

This should be a simple activation. I'd love to help out so you're able to use it right away. Can you tell me what kind of error you're getting in Step 1? As far as your order status, try using this link instead. For your last point with the T-Mobile log in, have you tried the forgot password option with the email address you're using?

1] That link doesn't work, it tells me my order number is invalid.  I am copying and pasting it.  I literally have tried it 6+ times and double checked the number.

2] When I try forgot my password, it asks me for my email address, and then tells me it does not exist.

3] There error is "web page will not load". 

Would you please tell me how to properly return the item and receive a refund?

Regards,

Userlevel 5

I'm truly sorry this has been a hassle to set-up. I'm assuming you ordered it online and if that's the case, you'll need to Community-2153 to start the return process. You can find more information on returning your hotspot device here: Return a new phone​.

It is not a phone, it is a mobile hotspot as stated in the subject.