Solved

prepaid wireless internet for laptops

• 19 March 2017
  • 8 replies

I currently use Virgin mobile with my laptop for prepaid wireless mobile internet and would like to find out if Tmobile has a similar plan?   

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 29 March 2017, 17:50

Hey @genso‌,

I know that switching providers can seem pretty daunting if it is not something you have ever had to do in the past. If it is easier for you, you can stop by one of our local T-Mobile stores with your laptop and USB stick and they can tell you if what you have will work with our service or not 😊

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @genso‌,

I know that switching providers can seem pretty daunting if it is not something you have ever had to do in the past. If it is easier for you, you can stop by one of our local T-Mobile stores with your laptop and USB stick and they can tell you if what you have will work with our service or not 😊

I also meant to say sorry for the previous repeating of posts but the was NO option for a reply to click on the other answers you left.  only likes.

I have a slot in my hp notebook about an inch wide. is that for the sim card?   I don't know if I am technically prepared to set up this system it seems so complicated. with virgin all I had to do was buy a card and scratch off pin number then sign onto my account and restart my plan when out of bandwidth and I don't need access for wifi...I just intend to use regular wireless internet.  my usb device,just about the size of a thumb drive, serves as a router I guess. Why is this such an ordeal? 

Userlevel 5

Hey @genso‌,

The $50 plan will work just fine for you barring that your USB device can support a T-Mobile SIM card. For the best experience, I would recommend picking up a device that is fully supported by us like our LinkZone.‌ We have a special going on right now where you can get the SIM starter kit for only $10. If you want to get this set up right away, you can contact us at 1-800-TMobile and our sales team can get you all the details.

Userlevel 5

Userlevel 5

Thanks for clarifying 😊 Do you have a little device that you use with your laptop from Virgin Mobile? If so, it may look like a little stick that you plug into the laptop or a little tiny box that you plug into your laptop with a USB cable. What is the make/model of your laptop?

Thanks Chris, I am currently using a Virgin Mobile pay as you go wireless mobile broadband service when I buy a card with a pin number corresponding to my monthly charges.  It is for internet access on my laptop.  I sometimes use the wifi feature on my pc to use the library but what I want is a service where I can directly go online from laptops.  I'm not all that savvy about tech stuff so I'm not sure if you are saying I can get what I need or simply a way to use wifi. 

Userlevel 5

We do! Does your laptop use a SIM card or are you connecting it to a mobile hotspot device? Either way, any of our pay in advance mobile internet plans will work for you 😊