Solved

RV WIFI system and plans

• 24 July 2016
  • 5 replies

i recently purchased an RV and have been doing some traveling.  I have found that most camp ground have poor WiFi.  Speaking to a Winegard rep. And he said that T-Mobile had best plan with unlimited streaming.  Anyone use the plan? How does it work and cost.  What equipment is required?

THanks, Randy

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 8 August 2016, 18:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Thanks so much for reaching out!

We do have some unlimited streaming options, however, it is only from your phone. Were you wanting to stream from computers, or use netflix on a TV in the RV?

-Lauren

Yes RV for tv

Sent from my iPhone

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @randymast

I'm just stopping by to share my thoughts on this. It sounds like the rep is referring to our Binge On‌ service. (Which is awesome by the way. 😜) I suggest taking a look at that page for some great information on how it all works. You should know that you can stream from your phone to other devices like a laptop, another phone, or tablet. These are the only devices that'll work. You can check out the FAQ's link below for more details. Thanks for posting.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-24292#question10

If you don't mind low resolution, what you can do is buy a phone that has some sort of video output. Some have an actual micro-HDMI port while other (e.g. iPhones) require and adapter for the power port. You then connect your phone to the HDMI port on the TV and you can stream video to your heart's content, watching it on the TV. But it is not HD TV.  You may also want to double check T-Mobile's coverage against places you visit using crowd-sourced sites like CellMapper.net and Sensorly.com.

Will T-Mobil’s new home satellite service work for full time RVer’s who are always on the go?