slow hotspot

• 10 August 2018
  • 7 replies

I just added Mobile One to my account for a tablet.  When I connect to the internet tethered....my download speed is ONLY:

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Why am I paying SO MUCH?  I was advised by TMobile to use their tablet as a tether for internet.  What's the point?  Dial up is faster!!! Now I can't even access my account as TMobile account access suddenly went down earlier today and has not been fixed!!!

7 replies

Userlevel 4

Those are some super slow speeds! Were your speeds slow before you made changes to your plan? What speeds are you getting on the tablet itself without tethering?

I have the same issue,  Hot spot speed is a joke via my Iphone.  I bought a tablet too on the recommendation of T-Mobile.  It was too slow so I bought an AT&T Netgear hotspot and moved the SIM.  It worked good for about a year.  I was getting 30 MB down.  Then it drooped to 12 but still better then the phone.  Then it stooped working at all.  Turns out T-mobile blocked this device from their network.  Kind of a carrier thing to do. guess I’ll take my AT&T hotspot to AT&T and reactivate it.  Maybe ill move all my phones.  I like T-Mobile but there are still coverage holes in areas AT&T works and now this Hotspot is worthless.

I’m now having a similar situation.  For the past week my hotspot has been crawling.  My speeds this morning are: Ping 35, Download 0.08, Upload 0.20.  This has been infuriating, as this is my only source for internet.  Speeds before that were Download 20.00, Upload 8.00.  Why am I paying $50 per month for 100gb of data that I can’t use with these crawling speeds.  I think it’s time to change carriers.

I just added Mobile One to my account for a tablet.  When I connect to the internet tethered....my download speed is ONLY:

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Why am I paying SO MUCH?  I was advised by TMobile to use their tablet as a tether for internet.  What's the point?  Dial up is faster!!! Now I can't even access my account as TMobile account access suddenly went down earlier today and has not been fixed!!!

Tablet missing and in home froze everything

Badge

…… My “Grass was Greener”, from the other side of the fence where I came from awhile Ago!