Solved

SYNC UP Device disturbance notification comes way too late and repeats

I have been getting the disturbance detected notification about 2 minutes after I am in my car and down the road. Which seems to defeat the purpose if the notification comes 2 minutes after the "disturbance" happens.   Then last week I was on a 5hr road trip to Vegas and about 2 hours into the trip I get a disturbance detected from the app while I am driving...I have disconnected it and still same issue. Now I have my vehicle listed twice in the app.

So how do I calibrate it so that it accurately sends disturbance notifications?

How do I delete a vehicle from the Android app?

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 4 July 2017, 17:36

Hey folks! I too have a SyncUp device and am experiencing the same issue. This is actually a known issue with the Mojio servers that is being worked on as we speak. We greatly appreciate everyone's patience in all of this.

View original

12 replies

Agreed.  The device does not seem to be smart enough to detect when I am getting in the car to start a trip.  Almost every time I get a disturbance alert upon getting in or out of car.   There should be some type of grace period where if the car is started within 1-2 minutes of the device detecting motion that it does not send an alert.  Or if allows 1-2 minutes after turning car off to allow people time to get out of car, shut doors and walk away.

Yes,  just got the device and the drive sync website does imply some sort of disturbance notification.  Like getting the car towed. 

Yo Chris.... it’s FIVE months later and this issue is still not resolved.  What is the status on this issue?  I’m about ready to cancel my service too. Not enough usefelness from the device with all the erroneous messages That are not valid.

I was never asked to call them.   I reported here and in other posts that we should NOT be getting disturbance notifications when we outselves are getting into or out of the car. That is just silly!!!

there is no reason this cannot be fixed, it just requires mojio to do some additional development. If they are unwilling, then it is time to cancel service because i can’t take the issues anymore.

the app coninues to function poorly, even creating notificatone for things I have disabled such as start/end trip etc. every time I open the app I still have them appearing in the notifications list and have to open it to clear them.  Its frustrating and a poorly designed app. there have VERY few updates to it to correct anything.  I am over it now.

Userlevel 5

Hey folks! I too have a SyncUp device and am experiencing the same issue. This is actually a known issue with the Mojio servers that is being worked on as we speak. We greatly appreciate everyone's patience in all of this.

I highly doubt it’s a server issue as it’s the end of September and the issue hasn’t been resolved

How is this a server issue? Here we are in October 2017 and no fix and no updates. Please help.

Userlevel 5

Oh man 😥 I am truly sorry to hear you are still having issues! We will need to open up a service ticket with the SyncUp vendor to get this addressed for you. Please contact us when you have a spare moment.

Exactly the same thing I was hoping for when I got the service. I just got my device today and with "disturbance" enabled, I get a notification EVERYTIME I start  driving.  It should know that you are not near your car and notify you that your car might be getting towed or tampered with (not when you yourself is the one driving). I may have to cancel my service already if thats not fixed.  Also, it would be very beneficial to have 3D actions for iphone users so that you can very quickly turn settings on and off like disturbance. Adding a widget for iOS would also make life alot easier on us as well...

Agreed... i JUST got it today and i shouldn't be getting constant disturbance notifications when IM the one driving it.  Makes it completely useless since I have to disable that notification item.  Thats the whole reason I got this.... Bummer 😥

Userlevel 5

Oh my goodness! We would be very sad to lose you over this! Did you get a chance to call our tech teams so we could get an escalation sent up to Mojio? We can investigate the late arrival of notifications but the disturbance notification when the vehicle is started/initial door opening is going to be a limitation of the device.

Please see my comment above in this thread...

Pasting it here:

"It should know that you are not near your car and notify you that your car might be getting towed or tampered with (not when you yourself is the one driving). I may have to cancel my service already if that's not fixed.  Also, it would be very beneficial to have 3D actions for iPhone users so that you can very quickly turn settings on and off like the disturbance notification. Adding a widget for iOS would also make life a lot easier on us as well..."

To make things even worse, as i was driving this morning to work the adapter literally just dropped from the OBD port.  It barely connects to it... its super loose and flimsy.  I honestly am thinking about returning it at this point.