Solved

Sync up drive not reporting trips

• 24 November 2018
  • 2 replies

I recently installed a sync up drive in my car, and am having the following issues:

1. It stopped reporting trip data shortly after the first couple days.

2. I get frequent disturbance notifications especially when I'm driving the car.

3. The GPS location for where the car is parked is frequently off by several blocks. It seems to report a traffic light, or intersection stop some distance away from where the car is actually parked.

4. Hotspot seems to be working ok.

Contacted tech support which reset the device remotely. Worked for a day or so, and then the above issues reappeared. The only way I can get it to work properly is to unplug, and replug the device after several minutes before I start the car. It then works for a few hours, and then the issues reappear.

Is this a buggy device? What's the fix?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 26 November 2018, 20:58

View original

2 replies

I recently installed a sync up drive in my car, and am having the following issues:

1. It stopped reporting trip data shortly after the first couple days.

2. I get frequent disturbance notifications especially when I'm driving the car.

3. The GPS location for where the car is parked is frequently off by several blocks. It seems to report a traffic light, or intersection stop some distance away from where the car is actually parked.

4. Hotspot seems to be working ok.

Contacted tech support which reset the device remotely. Worked for a day or so, and then the above issues reappeared. The only way I can get it to work properly is to unplug, and replug the device after several minutes before I start the car. It then works for a few hours, and then the issues reappear.

Is this a buggy device? What's the fix?

Thank you!

Yep same problem here, contacted the whole gambit of people and every team known to the company, nothing changed. 

I work 5 or more days a week and this thing went nearly all of Apr-Jul with less than a weeks worth of logging trips in total (and yes it was plugged in).

I have complained so much that I finally just gave up and threw this hunk of garbage where it belonged and now just rattles around in the trunk. 

There is a new updated version 2 but Tmobile has NO inclination of swapping out defective crap for something new without the user eating the cost.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @alybaba​!

We most definitely need to find a more permanent fix rather than you constantly unplugging the device.  For each of the three issues you listed, a ticket needs to be filed with our SyncUp team. You mentioned you already spoke with Tech Support but have you worked with the SyncUp team directly? If not, I recommend calling in at 611 and speaking with Tech Support who will need to transfer you to our SyncUp team to have three separate tickets filed with our Engineers. We usually don't see this many issues pop-up at once so I'm not exactly sure what's going on.