Solved

SyncUP Drive issues

• 17 January 2020
  • 3 replies

I have had SyncUP drive for a little while now it’s always had little hiccups and it wasn’t a big deal to me but now I am continuously getting a low battery notification, and that my battery is in critical condition. I had my battery tested and there is NOTHING wrong with it, after ready a bunch of comments about others having this same issue I am 100% convinced that it is syncup drive causing this problem. I won’t be using this device anymore and I will not recommend it to anyone I know.

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 17 January 2020, 17:54

That's an interesting situation! An important thing to remember is that there's a whole car between the battery and the SyncUP DRIVE. And a lot of the information the SyncUP DRIVE reports to you is provided by the car; the device just lets you see it. So your best bet is to have a mechanic check it out.

I actually had this issue with SyncUP DRIVE on one of my cars, but the car was still running fine and I ignored it. Eventually, the car wouldn't start anymore and acted like the battery was dead. Bought a brand new battery but it still had the same issue. So I went to a mechanic. Turns out, the mound of powder on the battery connectors was the battery cable corroding. The mechanic had to snip off the end of the cable, put on a new connector, and suddenly everything was fine. So there are reasons outside the battery that could cause power issues.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you contacted our internal Tech teams to do some troubleshooting and see if we can get this resolved?

I did bring my vehicle in and have it check out thats how I know everything is fine with my vehicle and syncup drive is sending me incorrect information

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

That's an interesting situation! An important thing to remember is that there's a whole car between the battery and the SyncUP DRIVE. And a lot of the information the SyncUP DRIVE reports to you is provided by the car; the device just lets you see it. So your best bet is to have a mechanic check it out.

I actually had this issue with SyncUP DRIVE on one of my cars, but the car was still running fine and I ignored it. Eventually, the car wouldn't start anymore and acted like the battery was dead. Bought a brand new battery but it still had the same issue. So I went to a mechanic. Turns out, the mound of powder on the battery connectors was the battery cable corroding. The mechanic had to snip off the end of the cable, put on a new connector, and suddenly everything was fine. So there are reasons outside the battery that could cause power issues.