Solved

SyncUP Horror Story

• 7 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Y'all, I'm a huge fan of T-Mobile, but the SyncUP (nor any OBD-II plug-in) is SOMETHING TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

This is turning off my car's front camera/pre-collision system and causing a huge headache.

I'm not sure how much this will cost me, but I don't think it's gonna be pretty.

I drive a 2017 Toyota Corolla, SyncUP worked fine for a few months, but it would fall out of the port/be in the way as I entered the car, and there hasn't been room for forgiveness since.

Still very much a fan of T-Mo, but am very concerned on how this will affect me in the long run.

I've had to make an appointment with my local dealer (no availability until Monday) and am quite frankly stressed about even driving my car with all the alerts going off.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 11 December 2018, 00:27

Oh goodness! This product has such great potential but I've definitely heard of the error messages and lights it can cause to start going off. 😥 When this happens, we recommend that you remove the device from the port to see if that clears the errors. I certainly hope that when you take your car to the dealership that it won't cost and arm and a leg especially around this time of year. I highly recommend reporting this issue to your local TEX team (via 611) so that a ticket can be filed. Keep us updated on the outcome from the dealership.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Oh goodness! This product has such great potential but I've definitely heard of the error messages and lights it can cause to start going off. 😥 When this happens, we recommend that you remove the device from the port to see if that clears the errors. I certainly hope that when you take your car to the dealership that it won't cost and arm and a leg especially around this time of year. I highly recommend reporting this issue to your local TEX team (via 611) so that a ticket can be filed. Keep us updated on the outcome from the dealership.

Userlevel 5

Hey there!  How'd the dealership visit go? Please let us know if you have any other questions we can help out with.