Question

SyncUp kids pairing with Phone App

• 25 December 2021
  • 49 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I recently bought a SyncUP Kids and when we first turned on the watch it gave the option to pair with app but didn’t pair and now doesn’t have the option. Is there a trick to pair the watch?

49 replies

I am having the a Post Christmas paring issue with my daughter’s SyncUP KIDS as well.  

It seems that the watch and phone are connecting on some level, because the app on the phone recognizes the IMEI number on the watch.  Then I get: 

“Looks like the device has not been activated correctly.  Please try again” 

I have done this over and over, and I am prepared to keep trying over and over if that is what it takes..

Anyone else getting this particular message?

Also - the watch is routing me directly to the paring process, so there is no chance for me to get into any sort of admin panel on the watch.   Is there some sort of activation process I am missing?

I am having the a Post Christmas paring issue with my daughter’s SyncUP KIDS as well.  

It seems that the watch and phone are connecting on some level, because the app on the phone recognizes the IMEI number on the watch.  Then I get: 

“Looks like the device has not been activated correctly.  Please try again” 

I have done this over and over, and I am prepared to keep trying over and over if that is what it takes..

Anyone else getting this particular message?

Also - the watch is routing me directly to the paring process, so there is no chance for me to get into any sort of admin panel on the watch.   Is there some sort of activation process I am missing?

I’m stuck in this exact same situation.  Had 3 calls with T-Mobile yesterday but nothing is working. They are supposed to call me back again today but nothing yet.

would be nice to at least be able to get to a factory reset screen.

Thank for the factory reset trick.. 

Second watch wouldn’t sync. At one point the watch stopped giving the sync screen. Customer support said to go to settings (swipe down), then watch info and then scroll down to software info. Tap on that writing 8 times (yes just on the letters, it’s random but works) and you will get a new menu with “restore factory settings”.

Awesome!  Called 611 and there’s a TWO HOUR WAIT for a callback.

Needed to figure out a way to factory reset, since there’s no info on the TMo website.  Very poorly supported device in terms of self-serve information.

Hopefully it will pair right this time (last time, the watch thought it was paired, but the app didn’t).

This was very Helpful!!!!

To clarify a very unclear and misleading post from before, to manually factory reset the syncup Kids watch:

1) On the watch, Swipe from Top to Bottom, select Gear Icon.

2) Select About Watch

3) Scroll down to software version and tap it slowly (1 second delay) eight times.

4) select factory reset

Finally figured out how to sync the watch.  First, I manually synced the watch by typing in the IMEI number. Then swipe down on the watch Home Screen and choose “watch info”, scroll down until you see “software info” and tap on it multiple times (about 10 times) until you see another window and choose “sync watch”.  You may have to do this a couple times but this finally worked after trying at least 100 times the other way 🤦🏻‍♀️

Finally figured out how to sync the watch.  First, I manually synced the watch by typing in the IMEI number. Then swipe down on the watch Home Screen and choose “watch info”, scroll down until you see “software info” and tap on it multiple times (about 10 times) until you see another window and choose “sync watch”.  You may have to do this a couple times but this finally worked after trying at least 100 times the other way 🤦🏻‍♀️

This 100% works! I took the watch in to a T-Mobile store and they couldn’t figure it out even tho they were doing everything that I already did then I found this comment tried it and I finally got the watch to sync!! Thank you 

We are working to improve the pairing experience. If you do get stuck you can follow the attached factory reset instructions and try again. We hope to learn from your feedback and get better. 

It never goes to the Home Screen. Only the pairing screen. I’ve turned it off. On. Restarted. I cannot factory reset. The app on my phone continually says “setting up profile. Hang tight”. I spent over 45 minutes on phone with T-Mobile. They couldn’t help. They said someone would call me back within 72 hours. 

Thanks for the additional details. Could you please open the app and shake the phone. An issue report screen will come up. Please send the report with the same information about hang tight. We will need to remotely reset the watch and that should recover it. Sorry about the issue. We can get you going quickly through that process. If the issue still persists let us know and we will continue to help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Badge

It never goes to the Home Screen. Only the pairing screen. I’ve turned it off. On. Restarted. I cannot factory reset. The app on my phone continually says “setting up profile. Hang tight”. I spent over 45 minutes on phone with T-Mobile. They couldn’t help. They said someone would call me back within 72 hours. 

Hi! We’re you ever able to resolve this? This is the same issue I’m having. 

Leann27 - please shake the app and send us an issue report so we can help resolve your issue.

Thanks,

SyncUP KIDS Watch Team

I can’t get my sons replacement watch to sync to my app.  I’ve been trying for days. I can’t get to the factory reset screen. I have submitted several tickets with no response. 

I can’t get my sons replacement watch to sync to my app.  I’ve been trying for days. I can’t get to the factory reset screen. I have submitted several tickets with no response. 

Could you please email us at skw-feedback@t-mobile.com and include the what your app screen is showing and the watch. We will work immediately to resolve your issue and unblock you. Sorry about your experience we want to understand this so it is prevented in the future for others. Thank you for your partnership.

I sent the email an hour ago. How long does this process take?

I sent the email an hour ago. How long does this process take?

We are investigating your issue right now. We will be emailing you shortly once we have next steps. Thanks for your checking up.

Were you ever able to sync your watch? Mine is also stuck on the ‘device not activated correctly’ screen. I am unable to swipe down to factory reset. 

Were you ever able to sync your watch? Mine is also stuck on the ‘device not activated correctly’ screen. I am unable to swipe down to factory reset. 

We can fix your issue. Could you please email skw-feedback@t-mobile.com with your watch IMEI and phone number and issue details. Sorry about the inconvenience. 

My daughters watch has worked good for several months but all of a sudden it unpaired from the app this morning and I can’t get it back. Why did it randomly unpair? I’ve tried all the suggestions above and it just won’t pair. I’ve been on my phone for 50 minutes now. Not one of the 4 people I’ve been transferred to knew anything about the sync up watches or the app. I was told to uninstall the app and reinstall it. It didn’t work. I tried pairing the watch from my wife’s phone but it hasn’t worked. This shouldn’t be this hard. 

Can the Syncup Kids Watch connect to wifi?

I recently bought a SyncUP Kids and when we first turned on the watch it gave the option to pair with app but didn’t pair and now doesn’t have the option. Is there a trick to pair the watch?

So I just had the same problem. I spent an hour on the phone with T-Mobile and they were no help. I tried one last time with Wi-Fi off and it synced immediately so I would give that a try. Messed up part is T-Mobile said I had to have that and Bluetooth on but that isn’t the case just have your Bluetooth on and that is it 

To clarify a very unclear and misleading post from before, to manually factory reset the syncup Kids watch:

1) On the watch, Swipe from Top to Bottom, select Gear Icon.

2) Select About Watch

3) Scroll down to software version and tap it slowly (1 second delay) eight times.

4) select factory reset

I tried this and it did not work. I had to tap the software version button eight times very fast.

Slowly tapping doesn’t work you need to rapidly press the software version

My daughters watch has worked good for several months but all of a sudden it unpaired from the app this morning and I can’t get it back. Why did it randomly unpair? I’ve tried all the suggestions above and it just won’t pair. I’ve been on my phone for 50 minutes now. Not one of the 4 people I’ve been transferred to knew anything about the sync up watches or the app. I was told to uninstall the app and reinstall it. It didn’t work. I tried pairing the watch from my wife’s phone but it hasn’t worked. This shouldn’t be this hard. 

Im having this exact same issue right now!! Is frustrating, how did you resolve this issue??? HELP!!!