Question

SyncUP Pets - Update available but not installing.

• 12 November 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

Ok so recently I got my hands on a SyncUp Pets device and got it added to our account. The app is telling me that there is firmware update available for the device, and there is a more info button but when you click on it, it is blank.

I have successfully connected it multiple times to WIFI and have triple clicked the button to manually start the update, but it will not update. I have given it more than enough time (Days) and still nothing.

I figured, well maybe my internet provider is filtering out the connection, so I setup a second DDRT based wireless access point and configured it and the modem so it would be a DMZ connection (in other words a straight connection to the internet with no chance of ANYTHING blocking it).

I can now see and monitor the device on Active Clients and it shows a varying number of connections that it is trying (up to 10 at a time) but no specifics as to what or where its connecting. I have let it stayed connected, but still it will not complete an update..

Has T-Mobile abandoned this device and deleted the update from the server where it was stored???

Can someone with one of these trackers tell me what the app says the firmware version is on their device?

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the firmware file? If I can get that, I could create an in-house server and redirect the device to it for the update…

0 replies

Be the first to reply!