Solved

USB modem (stick modem) on T-mobile

• 20 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I've got a usb port on my router that I can configure to work with a usb modem for wireless failover in case the wired connection is down. Store employees just look at me like I'm speaking greek when I ask about a usb modem, so I figured I'd try here. A hotspot wont work since my router isnt equipped to log into a wireless network, only a usb modem will work. Does anyone know of one that is allowable on T-Mobile? One that actually works at 3/4g. Plan is business, post paid.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 25 December 2018, 01:11

We used to carry USB modem devices but we no longer do. I've heard of folks using devices like this, but I'm not 100% sure how well they work.

View original

3 replies

Another option, at least in theory is a new router with an lte card installed, how open to this is T-Mobile?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We used to carry USB modem devices but we no longer do. I've heard of folks using devices like this, but I'm not 100% sure how well they work.

I am with Litecom Communications out of Dallas, Tx. Not sure if you got an answer on this, be we have a cost effective solution. Contact us @ Litecom.Net