ZTE Z971 - Cannot create hotspot

• 13 December 2017
  • 12 replies

I have OnePlus service and I am not able to turn on wifi hotspot.  After 20s a message comes back that there is a temporary problem with tmobile network and I should try again later.

12 replies

Userlevel 6

Hullo there! Just wanted to check in with you and see if you'd been able to use that generic APN document to pinpoint a setting that needed tweaking. Hopefully things have been ironed out here; please let us know how it went!

- Marissa

Userlevel 5

Were you able to find any missed setting in the document that Mike linked? 3rd party phones are always a little tricky as we never got the chance to configure/test them on our network so we cant always guarantee the functionality.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yep, it's for the mobile network settings and it looks like you've got the correct ones. You can also reference our Generic T-Mobile data settings  page as it's got other settings you might be able to enter in on this phone. The APN settings are really the only thing we can recommend that you change to help with this.

What kind of settings? For Mobile Network Settings I have:

Preffered network mode: LTE / WCDMA

AP Names: T-Mobile US LTE (fast.t-mobile.com)

Under Hotspots I only have SSDI name/password set.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It's possible that it could be the phone but we can double check your settings. What settings do you currently have entered?

I was. They think everything is ok on their side but that some server is

temporary down. At this point I think it is the phone, but I am not sure if

there is any setting that I need to correct.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi there!

Were you able to contact our Tech team to see if they could help? Please let us know. Thank you.

Userlevel 6

Ouch! That might be the case, though that would be such a let-down! I would still recommend reaching out when you have a chance; I know that time is tight for all of us this time of year but we'd love to make sure we've tried everything to get the hotspot working. 😊 Thank you for the update, please keep us posted.

I had no chance on calling tech support.  Will do in the near future.  I tried the SIM card in one of the Pixel phones and it seems to be working, wifi hot-spot is being created.  Must be the phone, it is an unlocked AT&T phone.

Userlevel 6

Hi, there! Just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had a chance to Community-2153​ and work with Tech to troubleshoot this on the back end. It may simply be a compatibility issue -- we're not able to guarantee the functionality of all features on phones we haven't retailed since their software isn't tested for our network, but hopefully if there's a way to make it work we can help!

- Marissa

Userlevel 5

Hey, @magenta3511004!

I would have to agree with @snn555 -- this sounds like a provisioning issue. Have you talked with our tech support team about this yet? It's possible the issue is with your plan and we simply need to add a feature onto your account. It could also be the device.

Userlevel 6

This looks like it was an AT&T phone originally. You may need to contact T-Mobile to get proper provisioning and APN settings to make it work on T-Mobile’s network.