Question

I am unable to physically enter your stores.

• 1 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

I am so confused how T-mobile can discriminate against those with medical conditions that doesn’t allow them to wear a mask. How am I to conduct business? This makes me realize that paying more for better SERVICE & better CUSTOMER SERVICE may be beneficial.  

My autopay was shut off. I am not receiving any text or email notifications that my bill was late. Thank goodness I looked because my checking account was over. I was UNAWARE I leasing a phone. They said they did that to get me a cheaper amount due at the time I REGRETFULLY transferred 3 lines to Tmobile. I had to purchase a junk phone at BEST BUY SHOUT OUT to them for assisting me and my ONE LUNG.  This phone has an ERROR on the system and I am not able to receive texts. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sadly, disability rights have gone out the window with the pandemic.  I highly recommend filing a complaint with the ADA.  How to File an ADA Complaint

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The mask mandate depends on you state.

I live in Arizona and you can go into a store without a mask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The mask mandate depends on you state.

I live in Arizona and you can go into a store without a mask.

It does, but some stores I have personally noticed locally, have taken their stance to require masks, even if there is no mask mandate in effect, like here in Virginia.  Out of the handful of closest stores to me.  One of those stores requires masks and they get incredibly rude in telling you to leave if you stole through the door without one. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’ve been told that they don’t have to let you in the store without a mask. They just have to make a “reasonable accommodation”, which might be coming out to talk to you while you sit in your car.

I went to the local T-Mobile store a few days ago and I was the only one wearing a mask.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’ve been told that they don’t have to let you in the store without a mask. They just have to make a “reasonable accommodation”, which might be coming out to talk to you while you sit in your car.

I went to the local T-Mobile store a few days ago and I was the only one wearing a mask.

That's how it was here during the first half of last year.  They brought the phone I wanted outside and served us in front of the store.  Back then though, Virginia had a mask mandate.  

Badge

Sadly, T-mobile has allowed this to escalate and now I have hired private council and will be filing a suit against t-mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Best of luck!  Keep fighting for your rights!